Would you let your husband donate sperm to a sperm bank?

We looked into it, it pays ok and he qualified. But then the lady said that if he's popular they might ask him back. I realized that I wouldn't like the idea of him having other "kids" with strange women...

MarlyeGirl

Asked by MarlyeGirl at 2:11 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I think I would if HE really wanted to, however he would need to convince me of a good earth-friendly reason to donate sperm when there are so many children to adopt.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:12 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Ha!!! Good answer!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 2:15 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• if it was anon, no strange kids knocking on my door. and if it paid well, why not ? i want to sell my eggs
    humboldtmama21

Answer by humboldtmama21 at 2:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i wouldn't. it just wouldnt feel right, knowing that some other woman out there has a child by my husband. even if he has nothing to do with it but that. that's just my opinion.
    amndabby

Answer by amndabby at 2:43 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I would be okay with it. My SO is so wonderful, there should be more out there like him!
    hopelessnance

Answer by hopelessnance at 2:53 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• No i wouldnt i dont want him to have other kids with strange women call me greedy i dont care how well it payed im going to be the only one with his babies!!!
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 3:35 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I thought about having my eggs harvested because it pays way more than sperm donation...but same thing...I could not feel good about having children out there running around with my DNA...hell my face and not be responsible for them. I am too much the control freak...every mom thinks her was of raising kids is best after all.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• There are others ways to make money.

I'd rather see all the children already in this world being loved, adopted and taken care of than couples buying sperm for a Prequalified male, with blonde hair, blue eyes and a PHD...or whatever standards they have set up for what qualities they want their children to have.

Children are perfect how they are and looking for the perfect sperm for the perfect child is just repulsive to me when there are so many little ones suffering.

I'm sure it's not a popular answer but hey, it's my honest answer.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2008