Do you research things before having a baby?

This may sound hateful, but honestly, I read some of the things on here and think: Did you read any prenatal books or take any classes? I'm not talking about honest to goodness new mommy questions, I mean the ones that are like "Is it ok to induce my baby at 35 weeks because I want to go on vacation or have it have the same birthday as my husband"?

Or my child ate (insert weird substance) and they are asking us on CafeMom instead of calling Poison Control or their doctor?!

Don't you think you owe it to yourself and your BABY to read up on what the options, risks/benefits are?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• It is kind of sad to read some of the answers.. I do feel it's important to research about the really important things and then maybe use CafeMom as peer support.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 2:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I totally agree....let's not  forget that most people aren't  as intelligent as we are : o)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• sometimes you read things but some times you want to get other people appinions about what you read.i agree some things could be thought about a little more but if it makes them feel better just let them ask and get the answers.but if my kid ate some thing that was poisness i would probably be rushing her to the er.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 2:31 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I have read my book What to Expect When Expecting, and am now reading Baby's First Year Wk by Wk. But I still have questions that the books do not specifically address or don't go into enough detail or etc. Sometimes I just want a personal opinion or want to hear about other experiences.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 2:33 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i understand wanting to get other peoples opinions also, but when it is something like your baby ate something bad ... why waste time? call poison control!!

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 2:40 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• ha, I was thinking the same thing.....
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 3:10 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• yeah somethings are a little ridiculous. I think the reason why cafemom was made was so mothers could share their experiences and get other moms opinions. I wouldnt ask questions that I have common sense for but I ask feedback on how to wean my daughter when some books tell you the same thigns and I eventually start running out of options but yes. I completly feel you on that. Especially when people ask "can I be pregnant" Why don't you jsut take a test and find out for yourself.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i agree, even worse though are the girls on here with the CRAZii TYPiNG and bad spelling that ask questions on whether they are pregnant or not. take a test or have your boyfriend use a condom...geeze.
    walkthisway522

Answer by walkthisway522 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 1, 2008