Is it Horrible that I don't cook nor have a desire too?

I know I'm bad. But I don't know how to cook nor do I have a desire to learn. I am not big on different foods. I am very plan, But DH says's ALL Women cook in which case he thinks I just don't want to for him. Not true. I really just have no common sense when it comes to cooking.

MexTexmom2

Asked by MexTexmom2 at 5:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• it is not "horrible" but it is unusual. :-) I ciook to save moey and be healthy. I hardly ever use a recipe...I just throw things together and it ends up being pretty good. I cook because it is healthier than eating out in restaurants or fast food establishments and when my three kids were home, it was essential to cook. I leaned after I got married. Its not hard and if you practice, it will become second nature and even fun!
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• It's not horrible but my mama always told me that a way to a man's heart is thru his stomach :)
    I would think that it would get boring to get take-out all the time though, there's only so many places to go to.
    Why don't you try cookbooks though? I usually go to Kraftrecipes.com and they have good and easy recipes.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 5:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• i don't cook either >.>
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 5:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Maybe I wasn't clear..sorry. I have a live in Nanny that cooks for us. But even so DH is the one who does most of the cooking
    MexTexmom2

Comment by MexTexmom2 (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I dont like to cook either but that mostly because I hate doing the dishes. maybe if its that important to him you could compromise and cook together?
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 5:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I don't enjoy cooking and I never have and never will; so know that I understand. Here is the thing though, if we don't cook for our families hey will be heavier and not as healthy. I have not been able to find a healthy affordable alternative. I have inlisted my teen girls to help with preparing meals. It is fun teaching them how to do things in the kitchen. I don't want them to dislike being in there as much as I do.
    ochsamom

Answer by ochsamom at 5:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Ha ha ha! Me either! I know how, pretty well but never ever like to.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 6:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My DH likes to cook, so I only cook on nights that he works late. I don't have a desire to cook anymore than that. I do however love to bake things.
    admiring_u_14

Answer by admiring_u_14 at 6:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I do, but I hate it. It saves money and is better for us, but if I could get away without cooking I would. The summer is great, b/c we grill out more (DH does that) and pasta salads and sandwiches.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 6:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Cooking isn't your desire - big whoop. No, not all women cook, not all women like to cook. I have a good friend that hates to cook and she solved her problem by marrying a chef.

twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2011