Yeast infection Again aghhh =(

I had a yeast infection and had to use monistant 7 this was 2 weeks ago i was okay for a week but today i just noticed i started having the same itchy and burning and thick discharge =( idk what is causing this again! I'm 6 months preg would this be bad for my baby? idk if i should get monistant again or wait till my next doc apt and talk to my doctor this is really frustating i never had any infection before i shower twice a day dont know why this is happenin

jess410

Asked by jess410 at 5:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'd call my doctor in the morning

Answer by admckenzie at 5:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Plain and simple it's your hormones. To keep from getting yeast infections frequently myself I eat alot of yogurt and cottage cheese, they have good bacteria in them that your body needs. I know how uncomfortable they can be when pregnant, so talk to your doctor. Having a yeast infection does not mean you're dirty or don't take care of yourself... all it is, is your woman chemicals, bacteria, and hormones are a little out of whack. Being pregnant is and added craziness to your body. That's all don't worry, hope this helps..... ; ) xoxo
    luckygurl1313

Answer by luckygurl1313 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would call the doctor too. I would have a yeast infection every month until I found out I was pregnant and it stopped. Lets see if I get one afterwards. Hmmm....
    AMV09

Answer by AMV09 at 5:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• get some acidophilis supplements

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Are you taking an atibiotic? They caus yeast infections sometimes.
    Kimkh

Answer by Kimkh at 5:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• sounds like you have a yeast problem. I had it during my last two pregnancies and it was uncomfortable and annoying! How many times have you been pregant, have you ever taken antibiotics, been on birth control pills, taken steriods of any kind or been really sick? These all can be immunity lowering events. Check out websites for information on the "yeast syndrome", and/or Dr Joseph Mercola and/or Mike Adams the Health Ranger. Treat this as a whole body thing not just locally! Your body will thank you and you will feel better and have a better post-partum period. And yes, my last baby had yeast problems because of it, and we sought out a holistic practitioner for her as well.
    cbedoula

Answer by cbedoula at 6:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Ask dr. Might be vaginosis which won't be cured with an anti fungal.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 1:01 AM on Apr. 11, 2011