Kids birthday party foods and games

my son will be turning 3 in june and i am trying to plan out meals, games, and things now so that i hvae everything ready and done before then, since we are having another baby in May, and i am not over doing, (kuse like all moms the partys are all my doing lol). dose any one have any good budget based foods and games for a bbq birthday party.

Manda_Evans

Asked by Manda_Evans at 5:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Food & Drink

• esp for a kid themed party sliders might be a neat idea. make/buy bbq pulled pork or pulled chicken OR make little burgers and get (or make) teeny buns..... people love sliders and they're kid friendly
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 5:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Just had mr DD's 3rd b-day Saturday. I did hotdogs, baked beans, german potato salad, aqnd fruit salad. For snacks, just chips, cake and icecream. Instead of games, I bought a ton of bubbles (different wands, etc) and gave each kid a bubble gun as their party favor. They played for hours and it was very low maitanance.
    Kimedbs

Answer by Kimedbs at 5:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Tea sandwiches, veggies and dip, fruits and dip, jello and cool whip cups, crackers and cheese and ham slices or cubes. Cake and ice cream. Let them have free play with a lot of things already set up. Crafts, bubbles, dolls, barbies, jungle gyms/slides/swings.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 7:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• You could get a medium to large size veggie or fruit platter at your local grocery store for $10 !
    You could also do meatballs in a crockpot ! Then you put them in a heated pan with toothpicks so people can just grab and go.
    Maybe even try some pita's and a lunch mean platter ...put hummus in the center !

Good luck !
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 7:41 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Honestly, I just keep things simple. Make easy foods, or order ahead of time so it is all prepared.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2011