Clogged duct

I have it once at least every 2 weeks, now my little man is teething I'm planning on stop breastfeeding, but want to continue to pump. So far the only remedie to my clogged duct is to breastfeed, is there any other solutions? I mean eventually he have to wean it.
It usually hurts really bad on one side of the breast, it gets really hard and pumping can't get it out, I tried to put warm cloth on, but it doesn't help much.

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 5:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Have you tried massaging your breast or taking a hot shower and letting it run over them?
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 6:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Massage will help a lot, and so will nursing or pumping more frequently than usual. Massage the area as you express. GL!
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 7:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• This is what i did....right after you nurse or while you nurse, massage the area and place a cold pack or a bag of ice on the spot. It takes about two to three days for it to go away.
    mika0101

Answer by mika0101 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• massage the area pumping or nursing more frequently will also help
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 11:37 AM on Apr. 12, 2011