Psycho mother

I just drove up past my moms house a little bit ago to see what vehicles she now has. Okay so I havent spoken with her in 8years or something like that. Long story but she was abusive & when I was 16 I had the last straw & left, havent looked back.

A family in town kind of has adopted me up over the years & now we live back in town again. I had moved away from the area to get away from the abuse etc but since having my daughter & becoming very close to this adoptive family I wanted to move back near them so my daughter had that close relationship with family that I never had growing up.

Funny thing is I live one mile from my mom now. I have no interest in speaking with her or having any contact but living in the same town there are bound to be incidents of same place same time. So I drove up past her place & I havent been up the road in so long it was simply weird/surreal to see everything once again after so much time. I am glad that I did b/c as I suspected they had new vehicles. Just weird to drive up that way again though, cant really explain it.

Alright I dont have a question for you ladies. I just have nobody to really talk to about this. I dont want to tell anyone that I did this b/c then it may look like I'm interested in contact & I am not nor will I ever be. She threatened my life on more then one occasion she is a danger to myself & my child so there is no need for her in my life. I wouldnt have moved back to town if I wasnt convident that she would leave me alone either. Small town politics you know the family that adopted me up holds more power then she does & once everyone finally realized what had been happening to me for 16 years she lost her power. What does this mean, well if she comes anywhere near me the entire town including many cops (one who lives between me & her now) are all on my side & wont hesitate to do what is needed to keep my daughter & I safe.

Anyway here is a question you think it was dumb for me to make sure I knew her vehicles so I can try to avoid any run ins with her? If I see either of her cars in a parking lot we simply wont go into that bussiness, I will even go up there in a fwe weeks when I think the garage doors will be open just in case there is another car or the ones in the driveway for some reason werent hers. Again got to keep my daughter safe at all costs.

Mel30248

Asked by Mel30248 at 6:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• but just a small tip make shore any clubs or school or anything you leve your daughter at knows not to relese her to granparents ever !
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would have done the same thing. If you want to avoid her you need to know what she drives. Plus I'm just nosy anyway. lol
    admiring_u_14

Answer by admiring_u_14 at 6:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• no i think your very right i a raising step kids and i check out stuff like that and where there mum living ect so i know where she is and what she doing so i can keep my step kids safe from her
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes it does. GL and be safe.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Nope, not at all. Self-preservation I call that. Good Move!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Well if there hasnt been any incidents in many years I see no point in doing it.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• mommy_of_two..... I havent lived in town since shortly after the last time she beat me..... I lived at least two hours away all these years. I have come back to visit many times in those years but the other week I moved here for good or a long while at least. So the point was to hopefully make sure if I see her vehicle in the parking lot of the one gas station, one grocery store, hardware store, etc etc etc (its a small town) that I can keep on driving & come back later to avoid her all together. Does that make sense?
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 6:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Thanks mommy_of_two I will try to keep myself out of trouble while living here! I'm sure I'll run into it at some point weather it be with the mother or someone else from my past but I have am now confident in my choices that I have made & will defend them & my daughter no matter what. To be honest I never wanted to move back to this town but I like this new family I have these people who have taken me in, its nice to be apart of a normal functioning family. They are the only reason I ever moved back here & I tried to get them to move out of town but that wasnt going to happen lol
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• You won't be able to completely avoid her, but you can just be the better person and be polite, but nothing more.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• feralkitten - thanks for the tip yes I will certainly make sure that is stated for sure!
    twinsplus - I am sure at some point there will be a run in but I plan to simply not speak with her & if she does to me tell her calmly I have no interest in communication with her then leave the place that we are at completely.
    Mel30248

Comment by Mel30248 (original poster) at 6:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2011