Comcast is on my shitlist right about now!

For the third time in 2 months my phone is out! I cannot not make any outgoing calls. It started last night and is still going on. I was able to call dhs cell but thats it! My sister called so Im getting incoming...The last time this happened the only number I could dial was 1800comcast. Now it gives me the doo doo doo and message a soon as I hit the 8! Im soo fed up and aside from my cell (which i dont prefer using at home) I cant make any calls from my house. Anyone dealing with this?? Im in NJ

PS..I do have a dial tone. As soon I start dialing the message interupts

Steph319

Asked by Steph319 at 6:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I'm in WA and have issues with our cable through them cutting out. I heard so many bad things about them though that I went through someone else for phone and internet.
    admiring_u_14

Answer by admiring_u_14 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I had comcast internet and they just really pissed me off. I signed up for 21$ a month for a year. I knew at the end of the year that it was going to go up, I figured it would be like 30$ or something. BUt it went up to 65$!!!!!! I tried to get a lower price, btu they kept telling me I would have to get cable and a phone, which would have cost more in the long run. I finally gave up and switched to ATT. Comcast sucks, sorry you are dealing with this!
    jedwards2009

Answer by jedwards2009 at 6:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• ATT is always on my shit list. Their costumer service sucks, their cell phones suck, their coverage suck and so does the internet service.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• So how do you really feel butmommie? LOL I def feel your pain!
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• We have the same issues with Charter (cable also). I am probably going to do away with them entirely and go back to a regular line.

Answer by gemgem at 7:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I wish Verizon fios was around here! They keep talking about it but nothing happens. Im getting really fed up!
    Steph319

Comment by Steph319 (original poster) at 7:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I have comcast to and I HATE them, not only does the service suck most of the time, they are wayyyy to expensive
    Leelee1008

Answer by Leelee1008 at 7:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I switched cable companies just recently and I'm a lot happier with dish network. I have Digis for my phone and internet. I pay $35 for cable. My phone and internet $31.05
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 7:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• We don't have problems with US Cellular.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 7:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Is it possible that it is your phone and not actually your provider?

However, Myself and a friend of mine have had problems with ours too. We use Charter, which is this town's Comcast (they run through comcast). We've had nothing but trouble with their connectivity since we moved into this house in 2009. Lately it's laggy, slow start up, and has a lot of glitches. We used to have issue with the internet dropping when we'd get a call (our phone used to be through vonage). And then sometimes the internet would recognize, but not connect .. Soo frustrating. Never just good service with them, ever. Even though they've been out like 10 times in the last year.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 7:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2011