What is the best thing to do for the BF......

when he is tired and comes home in a bad mood. This happens to me alot and I don't want to selfish and unkind to his feelings. I know he works hard and alot is expected of him. I really hate it when he comes home this way so I want to make a negative into a positive. ; ) xoxo

luckygurl1313

Asked by luckygurl1313 at 6:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• When he sits down, just walk up and start rubbing his shoulders. Ask him if you can get him something to drink. If you can, just hang out with him, if he's watching TV or whatever. Just side-by-side hanging out, not trying to talk. Guys like that. When they're overwhelmed and we want "quality time" it's sometimes just one more thing they have to deal with, whereas if we just are "there" and don't expect anything from them, it might be enjoyable.
    I've been thinking about this because my DH has really stressful board meetings at work sometimes (he had 3 today and isn't home yet!). So i'm just gonna give him a shoulder rub whe he gets home.
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Well I know with my husband I usually try to have dinner ready for him and I don't talk about his day...he usualy doesn't like talking about it. I just try to stay out of his way until he starts talking then I know he has calmed down. Sometimes he will pour himself a drink and then after he is done drinking it he is calmer. It doesn't happen too often but when it does I just try to stay away.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 6:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Thank you for your answers ladies, they will help greatly! ; ) xoxo
    luckygurl1313

Comment by luckygurl1313 (original poster) at 6:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Sometimes I have to probe my DH about what's bothering him, but it usually makes him feel better to get it out (although he denies that until after the fact LOL). I agree with the shoulder rubs, maybe a beer...and nooky ;] That always helps my DH! And me too LOL.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 6:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Sounds like a grouch!
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 6:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I find that a bj works wonders for a man's attitude

Answer by admckenzie at 8:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Thanks to you also ladies. I will take these suggestions to heart! ; ) xoxo
    luckygurl1313

Comment by luckygurl1313 (original poster) at 10:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• When my dh is stressed I always try to make his favorite meal. I also try to tune into his favorite shows. If that doesn't work I just suggest he play on the computer and the boys and I leave him alone. Usually after an hour he's feeling sociable again. I think no matter what you do, it will mean a lot to him that you cared enough to try.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2011