You might want to think about a trade in?!

Seriously, Mr. President?!  In this economy, with unemployment still at record highs, and so much uncertainlty out there, your answer to those concerned about rapidly rising gas prices is to TRADE IN their (likely) PAID FOR vehicle for a NEW vehicle (no doubt from one of the government owned ones) that gets better mileage?!  Wow!

Obama's mouth runs on empty...again!  Eventhough the AP TRIED feverishly to scrub this clip from their website (realizing even THEY couldn't spin it), and those who pick up their feeds attempted to do the same, the awesomeness that is the internet means that someone, somewhere, is always able to cache such commentary onto their server, and hold on to it for posterity!! :o)

When will Obama learn to stop rambling on and on without his trusty teleprompter or script?!  I couldn't even keep track of the amount of misinformation he uttered in less than four minutes! And what SUV gets 8 miles per gallon?!  Even RV's get better mileage than that!  Ugh. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RV8aIXm4DY&wl_token=CutMdltZDquovjUJEQyqAB3_7Wp8MTMwMjU1OTE1MQ%3D%3D&wl_id=1RV8aIXm4DY

Anyone else get "warm fuzzies" listening to our fearless leader tell that poor working stiff...

"We cant help you now we cant help you next week. You need to get electic cars, but the jobs that would give you the money to buy the cars have gone overseas, are being worked by illegals in the states, or´╗┐ have just gone away so basically you're screwed but I'm the president and I'm ok...and don't forget to vote for me AGAIN in 2012!!"  (paraphrasing, of course)

family car

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 6:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Well, I diagree on one point. His mouth doesn't run on empty. He has consitpation of the brain,and diarrhea of the mouth! LOL.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• *disagree*,sorry,can't spell today. LOL.
    cbk_mom3

• LOL, TRUE!! I meant "empty" in terms of lacking substance (and a little play on words related to a fuel gauge) !! :o)
    LoriKeet

Comment by LoriKeet (original poster) at 6:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Just wanted to say I thought about you Lori last night. Went to a car show and saw one of those VW hippie vans with flowers on it. I found your trade in, it's in Griffin, GA!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 6:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

***

LOL....SWEET!!!!

on vacation

LoriKeet

Comment by LoriKeet (original poster) at 6:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Sounds like a GREAT time to buy a new car...NOT!!!

LINK

"High energy prices are "putting a drain on consumer budgets," says James Hamilton at the University of California, San Diego. "To the extent they're having to spend more on gasoline, they have to make cutbacks elsewhere."

Two-thirds of Americans say they expect rising gasoline prices to cause hardship for them or their families in the next six months, according to a new Associated Press-GfK Poll. The telephone poll conducted March 24-28 had a sampling error margin of plus or minus 4.2 percentage points.

Seventy-one percent say they're cutting back on other expenses to make up for higher pump prices. Sixty-four percent say they're driving less. And 53 percent say they're changing vacation plans to stay closer to home."

LoriKeet

Comment by LoriKeet (original poster) at 6:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I saw the video earlier. Basically he's an idiot, but hey we all knew that. I'll go with what Trump has been saying about oil prices for about 6 years now. Whenever there is a betterment to the US Economy, OPEC and the Saudi's fuck us by raising the barrell price. They know the economy will absorb it, and we do. They are bleeding us dry. We can never get ahead of them, because they are screwing us everytime we tell the world we have more money to spend.

Google it, it's easy to find. Trump oil prices opec, it's out there.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 6:43 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I read that and watched the clip. I could not believe it. Really?!? Laughing at a man for asking about rising gas prices and for having 10 children? That man has no sense of tact or decorum. None. At all.

And, really, Mr. President, for those of us with cars that are paid for, trading in our cars that are still in good condition for a car that we might need to carry a note on in this economy really ISN'T a financially sound idea. You need to get a clue. And a box of tact.

May-20

Answer by May-20 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Well, if he can bamboozle us all into buying new cars, then he and his cronies can start "claiming victory" that the recession is over. It's win-win for Barry, at anyone's cost but his own!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 6:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I saw that yesterday. What an arrogant ass.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 6:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2011