Help? Christians please

A little back story. I am in breast cancer remission... so my hair is about an inch or so all over after chemo.

So, I am at a smoothie shop getting something to drink, and some guy (another customer) comes up to me and says "God forgive you for cutting your hair so unfit for a woman" I look him in the eye and say, calmly "I am in cancer remission. My hair is just starting to grow back" His response "It's your fault you had cancer! It is a just punishment for being a sinful woman! You would not have had cancer if you were just!"

At this point, I walk out of the shop in tears, without getting my smoothie. I just did not know how to respond. I have prayed about it, but I am having a hard time not hurting over this! Any advice? Please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• OP: I will tell you this. That man spoke a lie over you and I want you to know that cancer comes for many different reasons and definitely not from God. God loves you so much and hates cancer with a passion. Why do people get it..only you need to ask God what this is all about and to ask Him how to overcome it. OP the enemy KNOWS who you are in the Kingdom of God and KNOWS you have a calling on your life. He will do anything to stop you from pursing all that God has for you, he is that deceptive. That man obviously has hurting issues of his own and needs prayer. Ask God to intervene into his life and ask the Lord to break of the words of death over you! You are loved, you are amazing and you are courageous! He has given you the tools to fight this battle and YOU WIN for LOVE WINS and overcomes all! :-)
    To the above anon... seriously? Is that the only thing you have to say? I am sure there is a nice word or two in you.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Wow, that's horrible! Since the beginning of history Satan has wanted people to believe that God is like him: cruel and condemning. Satan's best tool is people claiming to know God but representing him as the Devil. Those were the kind of people who crucified Jesus! May God hold you in His arms during this time!

Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 6:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Also OP.. another thing.. pray for that man! That is the best response. Overcome evil with GOOD! There is power in that!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 6:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• His response "It's your fault you had cancer! It is a just punishment for being a sinful woman! You would not have had cancer if you were just!"

Someone forgot to read his Bible. There's always a handful that are hateful, hurtful, spiteful, and nasty in EVERY bunch. You know the truth, and you know he was wrong. I agree to pray for him that the real truth is revealed to him. I'm thankful that your cancer is in remission and I will pray the best for you :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 7:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Some people teach us how we never want to be.
    clarity333

Answer by clarity333 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Oh. My. Gosh. I am so sorry that happened to you! Oh how I WISH I had been with you that day. That man would have gotten a Holy Ghost sermon!!
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 8:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Satan has nothing to do with it. A man thinking he is right and does no wrong is another story. I am so sorry he did this to you but let it go. He is but one speck of dust.
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 9:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I think the man that commented to you bout your hair was probably morman...im thinking that maybe there is one of those plantations near you....they believe that women should keep their hair long so that they can wash the husbands feet wehn they get to heaven.....i know that must have hurt somethin aweful and i'm sorry you had to deal with such. but rest assured he will get whats commin to him. If God doesn 't take care of it...then our little friend KARMA will.....keep your chin up.
    cinnamon212000

Answer by cinnamon212000 at 6:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• That man was totally out of line. That is just how Satan will use people to try to knock us down, don't let him. Satan has no power over us. Pray for that man and try not to let it bother you.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• NEVER Take Anything Personally

“Even when a situation seems so personal, even if others insult you directly, it has nothing to do with you,” writes Ruiz. “What they say, what they do, and the opinions they give are according to the agreements they have in their own minds…. Taking things personally makes you easy prey..."

pam19

Answer by pam19 at 7:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2011