Why does my baby have red cheeks?

His ears seem to be red too. It comes and goes through out the day. He also seems to be rejecting the breast.

jlmccluer

Asked by jlmccluer at 3:01 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• MY DAUGHTER HAS RED CHEEKS AND EARS STILL TO THIS DAY OFF AND ON IT'S CUZ SHE GETS TOO HOT !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:11 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Maybe a fever or rash?
    madrigalreject

Answer by madrigalreject at 3:45 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• how old is ur son? maybe hes teething? as madriqalrejected said it might be a fever or a rash he could be getting hot. theres number of things that it cld be.hope u find out wot it is soon.good luck:D
    jacksonsmumm908

Answer by jacksonsmumm908 at 6:27 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• How old? When does he get it> Ex..while nursing, while sleeping? It could be infant rash, which is normal and goes away on it's own. If your still swaddling him, he might be too hot. After a few days their body is comfortable at the same temperature as yours. Dress him how you would dress...

With the ears being red also it sounds like it's a temperature thing...but call the nurse or doctor if it persists!
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 9:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• One other thing...have you eaten anything spicy or gassy? (ex, green veggies, cucs, stuff like that) he can taste everything your putting in your body and that may be why he's rejecting it! Eat lots of peanut butter...he'll like that!
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 9:20 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My daughter has some sort of rash on her cheeks. Doc said to use hydrocortizone but it didn't make any difference. Sometimes they look rosey, sometimes normal, sometimes red and splatchy and rashy. Nothing harmful, though. If it hasn't been like this since he was little, then he could be overheated or if he's whiny b/c of teething or something, could be related to that. OTher posts have good ideas too.
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 11:30 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My 5 month old does as well. I have read that it could be a milk allergy, but this is the only symptom he has. His comes and goes. I am going off dairy for a few days to see if it makes a difference, but will ask his pedi at his 6 month appt.

Oh, and as for the peanut butter suggestion: NOT a good idea (sorry, no offense to the responder!). If your baby does have allergy, nuts should be avoided, just as a precaution. My oldest has a nut allergy and I am avoiding those too with my second, just to be prudent.
    peppergirl

Answer by peppergirl at 10:24 AM on Jan. 15, 2009