Another epidural question.

I always answer epidural questions about whether or not to use it and what my opinion is. I choose not to for my kids and always follow up with how my deliveries were for me and the stories my friends have told me about their own labors with epidurals to make it even. I am for natural childbirth and epidurals is just something I don't like, that's my personal opinion.

So, why are there always women who have had epidurals who want to make their point across so much and that having an epidural just makes labor and delivery an all around better experience? Fine that's what you think but that's not what we all think.

GomezMami2908

Asked by GomezMami2908 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• You are wondering why "epidural mothers" say they use it so that they can "enjoy birth"?

Their reasons are the same for me but I am choose a drug-FREE births: I want to enjoy the experience and feel the bliss (but w/my deliveries I get to say I didn't add unnecessary risks).
    "why have pain when you don't need to" can apply to natural coping strategies, too!
    :-)

I think that it's a lot of women deeply steeped in fear and have little-no exposure to Blissful (natural) Birthing.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I have delivered natural and I have delivered with an epidural. I enjoyed the experience nine million times better with the epidural. I don't really care what others do but I know with my fifth delivery I will choose to have an epidural. All around better experience for ME.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 7:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Eek. I am too scared of the freakin needle to get an epidural. LOL. I won't knock down someone who does, though, nor push natural birth on ya.. To each her own.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 7:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I had the epidural with both my kids and by no means do I say I am not happy I did. But I can admire women who do the Natural Labor.
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Good for you. I wanted an all natural birth, but my contractions were less than 30 seconds apart and off the charts (literally). I have a picture of my early contractions, and they were intense. I wasn't dilating, and got an epi at less than 1.5. I was upset at first, but I know it was the best thing for me at the time. I'm hoping to go natural with out next pregnancy, but I'm keeping my mind open about another epi. Some women just think they're better than others, and try to shove their beliefs down everyone's throats. Life!
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 6:43 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• ive had an epidural with both my children the first time around it wore off and they wouldnt give anymore so when it was time to push i felt EVERYTHING second time it was a piece of cake didnt feel a thing . I give YOU and every other mom out there that chooses NOT to have one props!!!! I do not handle pain well at all so having one was right for me that doesnt give me or anyone else the right to tell You its the best thing for you to do!
    Mommy31107

Answer by Mommy31107 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• (but w/my deliveries I get to say I didn't add unnecessary risks).

to some, the risks aren't "unnecessary". to some it is a NECESSARY risk to have pain relief. and most of us "epidural moms" do our research and know the benefits outweigh the risks.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• also last i checked you don't win an award for giving birth no matter which route you choose. the only reward you get is your baby, and as long as they get to your arms safely, does it really matter whether you chose to have pain relief or not? i would never choose to feel everything. and epidural moms are no stronger or weaker than natural moms. just like vaginal moms are no stronger or weaker than c-section moms. giving birth is giving birth, period.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• i niver had one to scared of needles they had to knock me out for my c-sections
    but i heard story that it left people with problems after having one
    feralkitten

Answer by feralkitten at 6:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I had no choice, 2 emergency c-sectioins,and the last wasn't an emergency,but I had no choice but to go c-section. I would have loved to be able to give birth naturally,but I had to do what was best for my babies.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2011