I feel like I'm dying!!! Please help

I am only a little over ten weeks but I have been extremely sick the whole time and I've had to have IV fluids 3 times already. I'm starting to get very frustrated and very depressed!! I feel horrible and nobody will listen to me :(. Did anyone experience being VERY sick???

PregoSommer

Asked by PregoSommer at 3:03 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• i was really sick in the beginning they kept me over night on an iv for dehydration i couldnt even keep down water for 2 days it wasnt fun.im sorry.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 3:07 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Well, did they tell you why you might be so dehydrated? I didn't get a minute of sickness (sorry) but if they have already given you 3 IVs in the first 10 weeks then you definately want them to find out why before they just send you on your way? Good luck!
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 3:08 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I dealt with an eating disorder about a year ago, and I feel like this is punishment or something. Sometimes I feel like it's never going to stop, and the worst part is my Dr. keeps brushing it off.
    PregoSommer

Answer by PregoSommer at 3:10 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• PregoSommer
    Prego...
    I dealt with an eating disorder about a year ago, and I feel like this is punishment or something. Sometimes I feel like it's never going to stop, and the worst part is my

is it causing you to lose weight? are you drinking enough water?i would get another doctor.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 3:16 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• its called morning sickness its normal.
    drink a lot of water .....
    sucks but its part of pregnancy sometimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• You may get very sick. In most women it goes away after 13 weks but some are sick the whole time (sorry.) It sounds like they are giving you IV's because you can't keep anything down- try small (dropperfuls) of Gaterade, Pedialyte, or flat, warm ginger ale every five minutes. Eat tiny helpings- crackers, jello, soup, toast, bagels, fruit. Try tea-small sips spaced out over time. Try not to get discouraged- I was so sick with the first I could barely move for the first trimester! It gets better. Try to avoid smoke, alcohol, coffee, soda and smells that make you sick. Don't give up!
    hannahk

Answer by hannahk at 3:20 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I cant keep anything down ....not even water, thats why I'm always dehydrated and yes I've actually lost weight. They doctors wont listen to me, friends wont, they all say its part of pregnancy but I've been there for several of my friends during their pregnancy and they have never been like this. I've had to stay out of school all of november bc I couldn't get out of bed.
    PregoSommer

Answer by PregoSommer at 3:20 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• its normal hun, some people dont get sick at all, some do and its mild or some do and its extreme...

the advice hannahk gave for relief is really good.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• and people sometimes lose weight in the beginning of their pregnancy anyway.
    Anonymous

• ok, your right maybe I'm worrying for nothing. This is my first pregnancy and I guess I'm just a little on the scared side. I will try Hannah's advice.
    PregoSommer

Answer by PregoSommer at 3:24 AM on Dec. 1, 2008