Do you have any neighbors with children....

who you really never see playing outside, even when the weather is lovely? ... kinda weirds me out.

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 7:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• I live in a condo, so there isn't much grass to play on. I occasionally see kids in the playground across from my porch, though.
    JustCantWait88

Answer by JustCantWait88 at 7:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• haha true, i have experience with that. isk i guess kids are different now and days, since they have new technology, hey just dont know how to appreciate how beautiful nature is.
    juni21

Answer by juni21 at 7:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I have neighbors across the road and down the street whom have 2 kid's 3 & 5 that are NEVER outside and they even have one of those fancy jungle gyms in the back yard I can see. It's to weird that they are never outside.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 7:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My bil and sil live next to me ( over an acre away but they are our only neighboors) and they are expecting their first. But your right... It'd weird epme out, it'd also make me feel bad for their kids....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 7:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Lol. That's us for the most part. If it's nice out we will leave and go to the park. maybe when I get water in the pool we'll be outside more. I personally don't like to sit out in the sun and when the kids behave they can play IN MY YARD as much as they want.
    Anonymous

• All my neighbors have children. Don't worry they are OK . When I see my neighbors kids is when they are sailing something for Boy Girl scouts.

Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 7:28 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• my neighbors are like that. they have 3 kids the same ages as mine (4, 2, and 1) and i literally NEVER see them. i saw her here and there when we were pregnant with our youngests, and a couple of times after she had him. i can only assume for doctor's appointments. other than that i have not seen them. my girls and i are out several times a day if the weather is nice. i hate being inside, and love to move around. the only time we are not outside is if its raining. i live in florida and will even weather the extreme heat versus being inside all day. i dont know how anyone could do it without going bonkers! especially with children who need to burn off energy.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 7:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would have to say that when I lived in Texas My children were hardley ever out. I know for a fact all of the neighbors kids were. But Texas weather is awful eith too hott or too cold. Nothing personal but some prefer to keep inside the cool or the warm.
    MexTexmom2

Answer by MexTexmom2 at 7:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I know some families like that. But the kids aren't inside at home all day - they are at some music or swimming or something class or activity. I guess it depends on a person's personality. Some of these parents are just more comfortable if they have every day scheduled (the moms complain about the moments when the kids don't have anything specific to occupy them). But I couldn't do that - I prefer a more flexible week. We live in TX, too, but even in the summer I have to get outside for a little bit to feel right.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 8:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• We are those people, if we are outside we are probably not at home, when we are at home there are other things that we do. My kids are too young to play outside by themselves, and I don't have all the time to sit and watch them. I am an inside person, I would much rather be indoors, I will go out, but we usually go to a park or a friends house.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2011