What the hell heartburn!!!!

I'v had it all day! I thought maybe it was because it's been a few hours since I ate so I ate, took some tums and still it's here! Why would or could you have heartburn all day? I'm not pregnant to my knowledge and I didn't eat anything I haven't before. I think I can count on my hand how many times I've gotten heartburn in my life.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Health

• baking soda is good for it too. I know a man that will mix it in water and drink it. I always thought it was gross but after my second I got heartburn even after having her. The doc gave me medicine to take and said it is basically just baking soda in a pill. I love them, they make me feel so much better and last all day.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I get it more frequently since I had my youngest, but that was almost 6 years ago. Sometimes stress, chocolate, or fried foods cause me heartburn.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:43 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I have that mustard helps. NO answer as why you have it, sometimes water does it to me. good luck
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• if you have it all day and its still there tomorrow I would go check with you doctor
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 7:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Stress sometimes does that to me, and sometimes it can be caused by ulcers. I hope you start to feel better really soon!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Ugh, yeah I've got it because I'm pregnant. Try a liquid something isntead of a crunchy. In other words, Tums and Rolaids don't work as well because you have to chew them up. Try Maalox or even something stronger like Pepcid or Zantac.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• mustard works great for heartburn.. just one teaspoon and itl dissapear
    kimsmith22

Answer by kimsmith22 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2011