How do you clean out your car?

Do you have it professional cleaned, do you vacuum it out, or just sweep it out with a broom?

lmt_mom2010

Asked by lmt_mom2010 at 7:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• i get all the trash out, then i bring out my vacuum & vacuum it. My vacuum does not work as well as the ones at some gas stations. So, sometimes i get everything out, then drive over to the gas station...throw in 75 cents & use their super intense sucky vacuum. We're pro
    s at cleaning our cars. If there is one thing DH hates, it's messy cars...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I vacuum with a ShopVac and clean the dashboard and inside doors,etc. with a spray I bought at the car dealer. And I use Windex for the windows. I love how it looks when I'm done. :-)
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• We get a $5 car wash and use the free vacuums afterwards. It's not that big of a deal unless the outside is dirty because we take the trash out instead of leave it in there whenever we see any.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 7:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I let my dh do it :)
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 8:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Ugh- I hate cleaning out the car! lol That's probably why mine gets pretty yucky before I decide to go down to the car wash and start chunking things into the bins there. Once everything that's trash is gone, I go home, get everything out that's not trash, like jackets and backpacks and whatever and then I vacuum.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 8:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Shop vac the dirt. Wipe down the dashboard and al the other stuff with a rag and dish soap. Then I Armor All it when I'm done.
    I keep a plastic bag in there for trash, so that I don't have to pick up trash all the time.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I normally do it myself, I only have it done professionally once in awhile.

Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Remove garbage
    vaccum with shop vac
    wipe down all surfaces with moist paper towels and do the windows with glass cleaner
    do not use glass cleaner on your dash because the chemicals will come out when you turn on the heater or AC
    alotleft2do

Answer by alotleft2do at 1:54 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I get all the junk out myself, then take it to the car wash.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:57 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• When we decide to clean it we go to one of those self serve gas stations. They have the heavy duty vacuums, so we use those. We usually buy the car cleaning wipes from costco. So we usually wash with the different wipes and use armoral after its all clean. Then we take our car into the car washing stalls and using the pressure washer to clean it up and wax it.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2011