Should I be concerned about hemorrhoids? adult content

I have had them my whole pregnancy, I'm 25 weeks, but today when I went to the bathroom there was A LOT of blood. I'm not sure if I should be worried, but I'm a very modest person and I'm embarrassed to ask my dr. about it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Health

• What is A LOT of blood? I would ask the nurse. Call them and speak to the nurse over the phone iyoure embarrassed. O.B. Dr's have seen a lot of things and you should feel comfortable talking to them about it. Make sure you are eating a high fiber diet and drinking lots of water. Get off your feel for a while...like for a week and do not over do it as whatever you are doing could be putting a strain on your body. Just take it easy its ok. Take a warm bath and see if that helps some. Put some anti-bacterial ointment or tea tree oil on there to soothe it.
    Anonymous

• everyone has hemmorhoids to some extent...they are just vericosed veins is all...if you are able to push them back in while you are in the shower then they are still ok. if they are external and can't be pushed back in, then usually you need them removed or they become very painful...if you had bleeding, then one probably popped. Understandable since you are pregnant and there is a LOT of pressure. I was 8 months pregnant and had one removed. They did it in the office. What a relief it was....When you go to the bathroom,don't sit for a long time and don't push hard if it's #2. just try and if you can't go right away, try again later. I would recommend just going to a GI specialist...that's all they do is remove hemmorhoids. They know what they're doing and they'll just do a local so you can do it in the office. Very fast. if it's a recurring problem then you need to stay off your feet as much as possible.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• by the way...ointments and preperation H makes it worse...bend over and dry your back end with a hair dryer..put some baby powder..they thrive in moisture and will grow. If the bleeding continues then yes, you need to see you doctor. They can bleed for a bit, but there's nothing they will do to stop the blood...it will stop on it's own. If you did pop it, then you just saved yourself a trip from having it removed...I speak from experience from having one removed and also working in surgery and removing them a LOT....if you need to PM me to ask questions, feel free :)
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 8:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• thank you :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Don't be embarrassed :) go get medical advice, it's nothing they aint seen before :)
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 8:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Very common during pregnancy. They get worse if you get constipated, so make sure you're stools are soft. You can eat more fiber, drink more water, and take a stool softener. I have to take 1 Colace a day for mine to stay soft.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Well even being modest the doc will be in that area when doing your check up any way. Maybe you could work up the nerve to discuss it. You could also try buying the Tucks pads and putting them on your bum. Good luck to you, I hope you can get this taken care of.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Dont be embarrassed! This is one of my biggest concerns with pregnancy just because I dont know anything about them!
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 9:06 PM on Apr. 11, 2011