I feel my boys are not as importent and there cusins to my dh family

so when i meet dh he was a single dad of 2 kids 1 girl 1 boy . my hubby is the oldest of 7 kids. when i meet him he was the only one with kids in his family . i had no kids at all so when i had my 1st son with dh everyone in his family were ok but not very existed about the baby just after my son was born we found out 2 of my sister in laws were preggers and yes i said 2 of them so everyone made a fuss over them because it was there 1st babies they were 1st time mums and i felt a bit hurt but my family fussed over my son as he was the 1st grandchild in my family. so for my sons 1st birthday i had a family party and invited all of sh family now one of them came i was really hurt . when it was my 2 sister in laws babys birthday there was a big fuss made of there kids they both have boys . so i recently had another boy again no one was interested in my new son really . the thing that's hurts is my 2 sister in law kids are always down seeing granny or going out with aunties and no one ever wants my two boys from dh family yes there remembered at xmas and birthday but no one knows my boys . my family love them so i know i should be happy someone dose but i feel like my dh see my 2 boys as steps rather than bio

do i have a right to be upset ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• This might sound weird but but I married a man with 2 kids and when we had our 2 kids yes I know what you are saying my sister in laws kids were treated better than ours and when my kids are around my parents I feel like my kids are treated better I could be wrong but it could be a daughter thing I AM the one who carried my kids so of course MY family are going to feel it more...I guess that is the only sense I make :/ So since your SIL are your MIL dd's they feel closer if that makes any sense. Just blow it off and live your life eventually once these babies grow up and not be babies any longer they will ALL be treated equal. GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yea that would probably hurt my feelings too. Has your husband ever brought it up with them?
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 8:28 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• not really dont think he wants to but its stuff like there was a photo out of my 2 nephew but not of dh 4 kids ok my sisters in law bought th photos and frames for mother in law so maybe that's why and the thing that really upset me and it totally daft was when my son was only 2 months old i went down and mil was nittin a cardigan for my sister in law baby she never dune anything like that for my son i know its daft but she seams to buy a lot more for my sister law kids than for mines i dont care about money i'm not like that . 

yet my mil will point out how mcuh my 2 year old looks like dh 

Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:35 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• yes, No mother wants to feel their children are second class citizens.
    Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes you have every righ to be upset. When my first daughter was born everyone gave her attention. I got remarried and she still was the favorite. When my second child was born my mother announced that this one would be the grandchild for my husband's side of the family. Each set of grandparents only favored one child and not the other. It cause such problems all their life when one would be taken somewhere and the other wasn't. I think people have no clue how they offend people and should be told when they do.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 10:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2011