How important is it to you that your spouse and your parents get along?

I get along really great with my in laws. But my man and my mother HATE each other! They talk shit about each other all day long behind each other's backs and get into bickering arguments sometimes. But for the most part they are fake to each other's faces and just talk shit to me about each other. They are waiting for each other to apologize to the other one for a fight that happened almost a year ago. They both are being children and are refusing to let it go. Sometimes I think it would be easier to get back with my ex because my parents love him! Is it that important that my man and my parents get along like I want so badly or do I give up the dream and be miserable? I'm sad that its like this.

madrigalreject

Asked by madrigalreject at 3:30 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• My mom was a total bitch to my husband cuz he was "taking me away" from her. I've disowned her because she refused to respect me and my wishes. My husband gave me the world and she almost drove him away. You need to explain to BOTH of them that you're tired of their shit and will not tolerate bad mouthing from either of them. I had to put on my big girl panties and stand up for myself. I say you do the same before things get out of hand and you loose one, the other, or both. Good luck!!!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:35 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Uggg, I feel your pain. My Fiancee and mother did NOT see eye to eye....Always bad mouthing eachother.........Now they get along, but only because I told them both (separately) to knock off the BS! Either they need to battle it out like immature kids or just get over themselves because I'm not gonna be in the middle (esp w/baby on the way) They even chatted up a storm on Thanksgiving...I was shocked but glad. Good luck!
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 3:57 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• It used to be important to me but I know that my mom & my husband will never really get along even though they try so I've stopped stressing over it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 7:52 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• See I am the total opp. I HATE my mother in law. She is such a bitch. Me and my hubby got married two yrs ago and I use to love her to death. But once me and my hubby had ower daughter we started to diagree on a lot of things. She thought I would want her to HELP me raise my child. And I dont agree. My husband and I made her...we will raise her....So we havent spoke in a LONG time and I get upset when she calls my husband. But....what can you do....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• My ex and my parents were horrible about each other. Finally I had to tell them both to knock it off, that i didnt care if they didnt like eachother, i didnt want to hear about it and they needed to play nice. i'd still catch them swapping dirty looks every now and again but it took a lot of the stress off when they stopped putting me in the middle.
    Pudge_Pie20

Answer by Pudge_Pie20 at 11:54 AM on Dec. 1, 2008