Can I sue for back child support for my live in boyfiens son? I have been the only one who makes$ adult content

My boyfriend and his son have lived with me for almost six years, I am the olyone who has paid the bills in this time frame. Can I sue for back support?

ann666

Asked by ann666 at 8:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• Yes you can
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 8:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes. Ask that the courts impute an income. Either minimum wage, or what he would make in his chosen field of work if he had a job.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 8:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yup. The judge can order him to report to the court his job search efforts and even put him in jail for not getting a job.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Are you saying you and him live together. I dont know about that it depends on what the law says where you live. Do you want him to pay child support and still live with you?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 9:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Only if there is a divorce decree already there, you can't claim child support on someone that is still married and lives with you, it does not matter who makes the $ in a marriage, it belongs to both of you.....

Answer by older at 8:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If you are married and live together then no. If you just live together then YES.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 10:15 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If you arent married then yes you can. The state has guidelines and if a parent is not employed they use minimum wage as their income and order support based on that.

Answer by gemgem at 1:47 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I'm confused. If the child is not yours and his, he has no obligation to give you anything. If you supported your boyfriend and his son, there's really nothing you can do. If the child is yours, you most certainly can petition the court for support.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 3:25 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• No, you were voluntary supporting them. He can sue his ex and get that child support.  Then pay you if he chooses to pay you but it’s totally up to him. Read GoldenGirl answer.

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Call some lawyers in your phone book and get a consultation from one-just make sure they give the consultation for free-may take a few tries but it saves bucks!

purplerobin

Answer by purplerobin at 2:26 PM on Apr. 13, 2011