The best advice for me

I own a house that has bed bugs,termites, and mold. My carport is falling down,both of my bathrooms need reparing. I need a new kitchen sink,I need new windows,i need some tiles on my floor..The mold is on the outside where the carport is. My question is should I tear it down and rebuild,remodled it,or just move. I had some people come and give me an estimate and its
going to be over 100,000. I have been worrying about this so please no bashing. If I get a new one built I need some land. I need a loan but ny credit is not that good.WHAT DO I DO HELP!!!!!

mamaofficer

Asked by mamaofficer at 8:42 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• There is always the value in the lot or land itself. Sell it "As is" and get something better.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Thats a great idea
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 8:47 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would tear it down and rebuild.
    Depending on the mold, and what kind it is...would determine how much it would cost to repair it. If it's black mold and you have a lot...the house may be unlivable, or thousands of dollars worth clean up and what not.

You could have an inspector come out to estimate what the cost would be.
    Chloesmom1126

Answer by Chloesmom1126 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Thanks
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• For sure if it is going to cost you $100,000 to make all the repairs, I would demolish it and rebuild. You can have a new home built for less than that. But I agree I would look into selling it as is. You do need to check out local regulations though. They may require that you do knock it down and then sell just the lot.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• i would sell as is
    mommyof3-2008

Answer by mommyof3-2008 at 9:20 AM on Apr. 19, 2011

• you have to look at a few things.

1-cost to repair?

2- cost to tear down and rebuild?

3-cost to purchase a comprable home in a comprable neighborhhood and your credit rating.

One option I didn't see you mention is to tear down, and put a trailer on the land to live in while you rebuild.
    Jerichos_Mommy

Answer by Jerichos_Mommy at 3:22 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• We cannot have trailers in the city
    mamaofficer

Comment by mamaofficer (original poster) at 4:55 PM on Apr. 24, 2011

• Sounds like too much deferred maintenance. Sell, short sale, just get out of it into a cleaner environment.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 3:03 PM on Apr. 25, 2011

• Ya, I say sell as is.
    DomsMama07

Answer by DomsMama07 at 10:02 PM on Apr. 26, 2011