AAAHHH!!!! IS IT REALLY THAT HARD????

I am trying to french braid my dd's hair..I can not do it!! I've watched the videos online..I dont get it..lol... I can make wedding cakes but cant do a simple french braid!!!
Can you do it??
Any tips??

bizima4

Asked by bizima4 at 9:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• Im good at doing my own, or was till I cut it all off, but I have a hard time doing someone else's unless I do it with my eyes closed. How weird is that??
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• ya thats weird lol
    bizima4

Comment by bizima4 (original poster) at 9:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I tried to learn so I could french braid my granddaughters hair. I get the steps...but it doesn't look good. A gf told me I was taking too muchpick up hair at once, not holding it flat and not hold it tightly. I haven't fooled with it much since. I never learned as a kid-teen. I was always in a swim cap or a ponytail LOL.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• When I did it to myself I couldn't see what I was doing, and closing my eyes while doing someone elses is like me doing my own I think. It DOES take allot of practice to do it to others. If you can get a long wig it makes for good practice. Most kid's wont sit for very long. If you know someone who can do it well ask to watch them and that also helps.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Have someone that knows how to do it, show you hands on. That's how I learned. There are inside braids, outside, and so on.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I can do it on other people, but can only do it on myself IF I am laying down with my head hanging off the bed.... now that's weird. I rarely, if never, wear this style - so I don't have any real pointers for you. When I first started doing it... I just pretty much "felt" my way through it.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 3:04 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• It took me a lot of practice and i still think it could look better. Its hard to learn imo. :D
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 11, 2011