My child does not want my husband to put her to bed, only me. She is 2. HELP?

My daughter is 2 years old and when bedtime comes around she gets upset and clings to my leg when her father goes to put her to bed. What have any of you done in this situation? So, I put her to bed almost every night. Now if I want to go out she freaks out crying and yelling when he goes to put her to bed if I am out.

When she was a baby she had reflux and he was never really good with her, or knew what she needed so I put her to bed alot. I think she feels most safe with me. She goes to bed for my sister and mom. She likes me the best. She just does not like him putting her to bed.

HELP!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This would seriously worry me. But I am paranoid.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 9:10 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I wish I could help, my 4 year old is the same way.
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 10:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Sounds like she's just more attached to you, nothing wrong with that. It can be frustrating yes but you'll miss it when she's older.
    jspenny2705

Answer by jspenny2705 at 9:09 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Maybe you should start putting her to bed together. That way, she gets used to having both of you there. We were having a similar issue, and it boiled down to the kid liked my routine better than my husband's. Once we started doing the same routine with them, they didn't really care who it was.
    fancyjane

Answer by fancyjane at 11:34 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• My daughter is the same way. She doesn'tlike daddy to do much of anything if I am home, she always says "no daddy mommy do it". This has been going on for about 6 months now if it is bath time and its dadddys turn she screams the whole bath, I usually just give her a bath even when it is daddys turn and let daddy clean up dinner instead just to save myself rom hearing the screaming. I also feel it is important to cherish this time that she really wants me because from what I hear it won't be too much longer till she is a daddys girl and I'm chop liver. I think naturally moms are more soothing and we do things the way they like. Plus if she is used to you putting her to bed it is a part of her routine and all hell breaks loose if the routine gets messed up.
    damselphish

Answer by damselphish at 5:28 PM on Apr. 11, 2011