Homecoming Outfit

With DD (almost 5) we didn't find out gender, and she came home in a sweet gender neutral outfit. Our second DD will be here in the next 5-9 weeks (36-40) and since we know it's a girl part of me wants to get her a cute "Little Sister" layette set, but another part of me feels like that's not fair for her homecoming outfit. Part of the reason I don't think it's fair is we could give DD hers someday for her children, not that she would want it but she would have the option. Another thought had been to bring both our babies home in the same outfit, but then there's no individuality.

I know this is beyond too much consideration for the homecoming outfit, but I'm really obsessing about it (I'm chaulking it up to hormones, and the fact that soon I will have two children---two daughters, and I am scared of doing the right thing for both of them and being fair and whatnot, probably mostly out of fear I won't adjust well to two). So please try to be kind to this crazy pregnant lady, thanks!

LoveBuggsMommie

Asked by LoveBuggsMommie at 9:13 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I think I'd go down the middle of this one. Bring your new baby home in something girly, but not "I'm the Little Sister" kind of outfit. That way it can be passed on, and still show individuality for your girls.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Oh, and when I read this title I thought High School Homecoming, not baby. (Color me a little embarrassed)
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• lol I wondered that when I submitted it but I couldn't think of what it was called, "Take home outfit" made my think of "Take away" British term for take out (food) so I didn't think that was right.
    LoveBuggsMommie

Comment by LoveBuggsMommie (original poster) at 9:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• What about bringing her home in the same outfit, then passing it on to your daughters so they can bring their babies home in the same outfit? As long as they don't have babies on the same day they could both use it for their babies. I think it would be sweet.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 9:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• i think that since you are worrying about being fair to the both of your girls maybe u should just bring your new daughter home in a gender neutral outfit that way there is no hard feelings later, since you did the same with both of your girls. Good luck!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011