Joint custody (language) adult content

DH is currently fighting for joint custody of his daughter. Some days, BM is nice and works with him. Most, she's a bitch for no reason. He's in the Army, and has been away for training since Sept 2010. She'll randomly text him, telling him he's a shitty father, that she's gonna move and not tell him, yada yada. Then sometimes, she'll send him pictures of their daughter and things like "Bethany misses you" and shit. She's like a freaking roller coaster ride.

Their court date is May 9 (so close, thank God). We've documented most of her texts (both our phones crashed and we lot a lot of the good ones ;[ ), emails, and FB/MS messages. He has no criminal record, has a steady living situation, and job. He's asking for joint physical and legal custody, having his DD every weekend. He'd originally put Fri-Sun, but at one point BM said Fri-Mon, so he changed it to that. With all the documentation we have of her being pyscho and just plain rude, do you think it will matter? I don't see why he shouldn't get every weekend, but I'm worried they'll give him the standard every other.

Has anyone dealt with this?

JustCantWait88

Asked by JustCantWait88 at 9:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Personally I haven't dealt with this but we have friends that have... What ever he does, he needs to go in calm and professionally. Present the facts but don't slander her because it will look bad on him. If he does this, I don't see why he couldn't get joint custody based on what you've said above.

monshine2

Answer by monshine2 at 11:42 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• There is a custody group that might be helpful to you. Go to the group section of the Cafemom.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Thanks.
    JustCantWait88

Comment by JustCantWait88 (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• yes, if he can prove that he will have a stable place for his child to live and he will be there, there isn't really any other reason for him to not get his child. If she says this wont work they will most likely have to have another court date to decide this and in the time inbetween she has to give the judge reasons as to why he cannot have their child. I don't know what state you are in but this is the procedure in wisconsin/minn
    bauerlove

Answer by bauerlove at 9:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Talk to your cell provider they may be able to send you a copy of every text sent to and recieved from the ex wifes number.
    1lv2stks3nlz4ev

Answer by 1lv2stks3nlz4ev at 9:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Ex GIRLFRIEND, ew. I thought you had to have a subpeona (sp) to get texts? We live in Oregon. She has no reason not to let him see her...the only reason she's given him is me, which I know won't stand in court. I can't wait, and I'm so glad they're public. I'm gonna be sitting quite contentedly in the audience, with friends, family, and popcorn!
    JustCantWait88

Comment by JustCantWait88 (original poster) at 10:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• if the two agree the court won't involve itself, only if they disagree
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:33 AM on Apr. 11, 2011