Sugar test??

what to do the night before to prepare & what to expect...

MommyLayne

Asked by MommyLayne at 9:24 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• nothing special needs to be done but I'd make someone go with you. Not eating then getting that much sugar first thing in the am made me so nauseous I couldn't drive myself home
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 9:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Didnt your Dr tell you?? Is it a fasting sugar test? Either way DONT eat or drink before the test. Brushing your teeth or drinking black no sugar/cream coffee before is ok. They usually dont want you to eat 6 hours before it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:28 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• no we spent time talking about other things & itslipped my mind to ask until i started reading that you werent supposed to eat before. its my first sugar test.
    MommyLayne

Comment by MommyLayne (original poster) at 9:31 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I was allowed toast before mine. The drink is gross and it made me feel terrible while I drank it. I sill can not drink 7up, Sprite or anything like it to this day!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Oh and I found using a straw helped me to drink it faster. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:09 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My dr didn't tell me to fast. She also could have mentioned that the hollow chocolate bunny that morning was a bad idea ;). I failed the 1st and had to do the second (which is awful and wouldn't recommend it)
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:53 AM on Apr. 11, 2011