What do you use to display your yard sale items?

I just have a few tarps and maybe one or two tables, but I have A LOT of stuff to put out...more that what would fit.

So how do you display your clothing and other items?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We do a couple yard sales a year and they're really big...my hubby built me a couple wood frames, then drilled holes in them that I put metal pipes through, and I hang all the clothes on there. We sort them by size & gender (for kids clothes), with little tags between the sizes. We keep a couple tables for smaller stuff like household things or clear ziploc bags of baby stuff that's sorted together (like socks, 3-5 onesies, bibs, hats, that sort of thing)...I slide a notecard into the bag with the price and a list of what's in the bag facing outwards so you can read it, then you can look through the back to see the items. Everybody always buys a ton and comments on how well organized it is and how easy it is to find everything.
    sweetashyb

Answer by sweetashyb at 2:18 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I use tables from anywhere I can find. I use rope or a broomstick to hang clothes with hangers. If you need more tables, bring out tables from the inside (kitchen tables, coffee tables, end tables, card tables, bookshelves, picnic tables). You can always put them back. Can you borrow from other people.
    I NEVER put anything on tarps because a lot of people will not even look. The closer it is to eye level, the better. If you are in a bind, use boxes upside down.
    SherriPie

Answer by SherriPie at 9:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• You can use a rope between trees or hang them off the backs of chairs or a fence if you have it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• If you have two ladders you can hang some kind of stick in between the two and hang clothes from that. You could even put a stick on both sides of the ladders and hang the clothes on both sides.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I have a small hanging rack like for a laundry room that I put my best items on and hang the rest from the garage door opener.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 6:52 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I would borrow tables from a local hall or church? You might be able to put the clothing in different totes and on the front of the tote put the sizing.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:32 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Also if you have a clothing rack you could hang the clothing on that. Or hang a rope from one tree to another? Ive noticed that some people use coat trees.. they just hang the clothing on the different posts.
    KristinRox

Answer by KristinRox at 10:34 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i started hanging up clothes on the rack of the truck. people checked out those clothes first, then the ones displayed on the tarps. i would make outfits that looked cute, then folded the extra's and always made sure to have two aisles for people to walk around. its typical to have more clothes than room to display them, so just switch up the display from time to time. same with books and what not
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 11:51 AM on Apr. 11, 2011