Two high energy pups

We have a two year old male Golden Retriever, and an 8 month old female German Shepherd. We also have an almost 5 year old DD and are expecting our second baby in the next couple months. The dogs are very high energy, but are really good with our daughte (the 8mo old needs some more work but she's still a baby) what I'm worried about is the new baby. Any advice? Sites? Books?

LoveBuggsMommie

Asked by LoveBuggsMommie at 9:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pets

• hi! :) i have 3 dogs lol a 6 yr old golden retriever female, a 2 yr old chiwawa (could never spell that correctly) and a 7 month old mini wiener dog. although i havent had my baby yet, our dogs are very good with children, they are extremely active but are calm around the baby stuff. im also worried about how my baby will react, but if you stay calm when introducing them and keep a good  relationship with the dogs once baby is home im sure everything will be fine. all my friends have said to bring home something that smells like baby from the hosp. before baby actually comes home. the dogs know your preg, they know theres new toys that arent for them,a room they cant go in etc, they just need to know who its all for lol i hope that helped a little, sorry if it didnt :(

Zombi3Princ3ss

Answer by Zombi3Princ3ss at 9:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Go to the Cafemom group called, Dog Speak-Dog Training Forum. There's a lot of moms there who are breeders and owners of large dogs who can best answer this for you.
    Dichroic

Answer by Dichroic at 10:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2011