Would you let your kids go to a LAN center?

It is a gaming center much like an arcade but it has x360 and computer games. It is twenty dollars for all day or 2.50 an hour. If your children are into video games and computing would you let them go?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Yes, there's not much out there for teens these days. I'd say anything that keeps that out of trouble is a good thing!

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 9:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• my brother an i used to go to things like that when we were like 15 . . they even had all nighters too.. then again my parents let us do anything.. id probably allow my child to go if they were very responseable.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:32 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• They didnt have stuff like that till my kid's were in their teens. I probably would Not have let them go. I really think todays VIOLENT games are teaching our kid's the wrong thing.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:34 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Vbruno- Video Games don't teach our children Violent, If parents are involves and teach thier children then you will have nothing to worry about. Unless your husband or you are slapping each other around infront of your child then if would be your fault he/she is voilent not the games. LEad by example and your teach your children right. Video games shouldn't be raising your kids.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I probably would not allow my children to go to something like that as we have systems at home.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Kinda like an internet cafe hu? Never heard of anything like it . . . I suppose I would allow them IF it were close to home, IF they were going with at least one good friend, IF they had already shown the kind of responsibility and decision making skills needed to have that kind of privelege. Another factor would be the cost . . . they would have to pay for it themselves or earn enough to pay for it. Letsee . . . there would have to be a time limit, I don't see how it could be healthy to sit for hours on end playing video games, I don't let them do it at home so . . .
    qwietpleez

Answer by qwietpleez at 10:13 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• twinsplus2more- that is like saying why meet people in real life when I have facebook? This is an environment that allows teenagers assoicate with other teens.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• kind of like it is on healthy for mother to cafemom all day?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My teenagers meet and socialize at school, in band, at church. Being plugged into a video game isn't meeting people.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• They would be Socializing with other teenagers there. I don't think you understand what a LAN is
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2011