Does ex having another child affect my cs?

My ex husband just informed me he got a girl pregnant....we have a 3yr old together. Will him having a new child affect my child support? Thanks ladies!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• no it shouldnt. unless he takes it to court and asks.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• it shouldn't

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• has nothing to do with you and your kid -except 1/2 siblings
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Depending on state law it should not have any affect on your cs. In some states they will lower if a request is made, but the father would have to show substantial proof that he cannot make the same payment. It's usually based on percentage of salary and often it cannot be reduce lower than the minimum. In the state I live it's 23%.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 9:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Nope, the 1st child always eats 1st regardless
    Indira25

Answer by Indira25 at 9:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• No
    Glo402813

Answer by Glo402813 at 9:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• no

Answer by admckenzie at 10:38 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• It depends on your state, but for the most part, no it doesn't affect your child support. In my state, they can take up to 60% of income for child support unless there are other children, which lowers it to 50%. So, in your case, if he were getting 60% of his income for your child's support, having another child would change it so they only take 50%. But even in that situation, he'd have to go to court and show them the proof that he has another child and that he needs a lower payment and all that.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:25 AM on Apr. 11, 2011