What do you think constitutes cheating?

I have a few girl friends and all our husbands are deployed. Well, I learned last night that two of these girls have a "thing" together. They were laughing and joking around that their husbands would kick their a$$e$ if they knew, but it's not really cheating if it's with another woman.
I think it's cheating. What do you think?
Then again, I have an extreme opinion on what constitutes as cheating and I know many others aren't as conservative as I am. Maybe I'm overreacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• I'm probably as extreme as you say you are.... Cheating comes in many forms: If I walked into a room and found my husband holding hands with another woman in ANY flirtatious or romantic manner; I'd leave him for cheating on me. If I walked up on him caressing the small of a woman's back while he talked to her or stroking her hair lovingly; I'd leave him for cheating.... that's making an emotional connection in a manner that has been promised to be mine only - those are lines that you don't cross. Once you make a commitment to the marriage bed, then you keep that commitment in every single way, every single day. The sicko side of me wonders ... if these wives found out that their husbands had been butt humping men just to get a sex fix ... would they be okay with it? These women are twisted and out of touch with reality.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 10:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I think it's cheating... I dont think man or women matters.
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 9:43 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes, it is cheating. What the hecK??? Do you even have to ask?
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Cheatin is showing affection towards someone other than the one you are committed to whether married or not.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 9:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I believe it's cheating too. Sharing that intimate side of your life with anyone whether it's mental or physical is cheating. My husband said he used to love the whole...girls w/ girls...but he would consider it cheating if his wife did it.
    bauerlove

Answer by bauerlove at 9:45 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• If they say their hubbys would kick their @$$ for doing it... Its totally cheating! If the hubbys were cool with it, then hey no problem..
    Now in my relationship. that would be cheating. Me & DH dont share in that way at all --thats 1 perk of being married, HE IS MINE & I can be selfish about it haha..

(yes i share him with our family/kids.. but i think thats a different type of sharing. so dont jump on me for that! LOL)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• It is cheating, anything you have to hide or feel the need to hide from your spouse/SO that is the definition in my book.
    Kelly502

Answer by Kelly502 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I know my SO wouldn't care if it was a woman lol but technically yes
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I think cheating is being intimate with someone other than your significant other. Whether it be another man, woman, or small woodland creature....physical or emotionally. If you're doing something that you wouldn't want done to you, I consider it cheating.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:33 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• of course its cheeting. thye need to get a effin vibrator and stay faithful to thier huisbands.....sorry if my words are offensive!
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 10:39 PM on Apr. 10, 2011