Does anyone have difficulty with adult acne???

I'm sooooo sick of my face looking like this. I've tried every pharmaceutical and over the counter known to man. If you have this problem please let me know what has helped you.sad

Journey32

Asked by Journey32 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I sell Mary Kay and I have austomer that has hadhis problem, not only did she get bad breakouts but her skin is super senistive. I finally convinced her to try our face wash and she has had no complaints. If you want to try it its called Time Wise 3 in 1 Cleanser its sold in Combo/oily and Normal/Dry formulas.
    MelSwim7

Answer by MelSwim7 at 9:48 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I have tried pretty much everything, including being on Accutane years ago. The thing I found that helps the most is a toner I made from tea tree oil. I also love Basis soap, the clear one. http://www.drugstore.com/basis-all-clear-bar-soap-cleans-fights-breakouts/qxp16627?fromsrch=basis

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Adult acne IS a medical condition!!! Go see a Dr and get something scrip strength or find out from the Dr what's causing yours.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I had it until I started to use Bare Minerals makeup instead of the Prescriptives brand my dermatologist told me to use.
    Also, I discovered that if I ate anything with a high concentration of sugar and fat (like cookies or candy or ice cream), I almost always broke out in big pimples about a day or so later.

I think for me, getting rid of acne was a combination of diet AND changing my makeup.
    Dichroic

Answer by Dichroic at 9:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I still struggle with it and I'm 25. It sucks so bad. I'm hoping that I can go to a dermatologist as soon as I can afford it. I have some scarring too so the normal cleansers don't really help
    tnvplus2

Answer by tnvplus2 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I have never NOT had to deal with it. I have a broken out face now. I was kind of fine for a bit, then, I used some acne face wash and broke out. LOLq
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:08 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Avoid dairy. It is a huge culprit re: this condition.
    Switch your products to more natural ones; ones without petrochemicals, parabens, SLS, etc. Most products, even those made for acne, have nasty ingredients that exacerbate the condition.
    Less is more. The less you do to your face, the better. Doing too much will stimulate excess oil production. The more you try to dry out your face, the oilier it will become because your skin will overcompensate.
    Boost your immune system. Take probiotics. Stay away from antibiotics, which is what a dermatologist will most likely prescribe for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I agree with anon^^. Also, what has helped mine to virtually disappear is taking a good quality cod liver oil daily, the oil cleansing method on my face and then washing with African black soap after, using microfiber cloths to gently exfoliate (you can get them at the dollar store), and then using an organic lotion.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 7:55 PM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Thank you all for your input! Visiting the dermatologist leaves me frustrated. The five that I've visited in the past year and a half have just stared at my skin (almost in disbelief) and threw prescriptions at me. I think I am leaning towards a more natural cure for my condition. I read up on the dairy thing. The more I read the more it makes sense. Cod liver oil...hmmm..never tried that...couldn't hurt. The AB soap never worked for me, I've used it on and off since I was 17. I currently use( a week now) Burt's Bees, it seems to calm the inflammation. Hopefully trying some of the suggestion left on this post will stop the breakouts.

Journey32

Comment by Journey32 (original poster) at 11:00 PM on Apr. 13, 2011