Have you.....

ever thought about pretending that you are sick so that DH has to do what needs to be done for the day or evening?

momoftaterbug

Asked by momoftaterbug at 9:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Relationships

• No, I havent, but if it works for you then by all means DO IT. High time men pulled their weight around the house. Bringing home the $ is NOT enough when you have little kid's even if mom is a SAHM
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:50 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• It doesn't really matter if I'm sick. He's got his own shit on his plate. I have to get my own stuff done or somehow piggy back an errand on his or else it doesn't get done.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• No, I never did that. Pretending I was sick would be so not like me. Nope. I am not good at that kind of thing and don't want to be.
    But he still would have expected me to do whatever there was to be done anyway,I am sure! LOL..
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 9:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• no, i am a sahm i have to suck it up and deal with what i gotta do.. seriously i had surgery on my stomach i had a 2 month old baby i was up walking around doing things like it never happened because i had to! my husband had to go to work.. i had my mil 2 blocks away if i needed her.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• No, but I have asked him to do bathtime before. Usually our bedtime routine is my most favored time of the day so I like to keep it but I wouldn't encourage you to pretend, just be real & ask for whatever you need, hun : )
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 9:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• No.. because it's much easier for me to do it. But tonight i am sick. He did the things he needed to do and still got to go fishing! :)
    Autumn07

Answer by Autumn07 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Honestly, No.

LanaisSky96

Answer by LanaisSky96 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• No. Only because when I am sick he doesn't do squat anyways but keep the kids alive and fed. :)
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 10:44 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I've done it once after a HUGE argument, I pretended like I hurt myself and honest to God, he felt so bad about the argument and me "hurting myself" that he went out and bought me this computer! NO JOKE!
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I wish I could. The first week and a half that we had our baby he was sick and didn't do a lot around the house. I have to say though he did more than if I hadn't just had a baby. He was sick the first weekend I had her home and the 2nd weekend I had her home. He wouldn't hold her but then I didn't want him to hold her and get her sick. If I was sick though I would still have to do it all. I am a SAHM and have no choice. It's not like he can just call in sick and stay home to take care of the kids while I rest. We have bills. I try to do everything but every once in a while I do ask for help.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 10:20 AM on Apr. 11, 2011