What is your after dinner time routine

what kind of routine do you all have for after dinner, a few hours before bedtime. too early for bath and reading .... we eat dinner at like 5 and they dont go to bed until like 9. my boys are 18 months. looking for suggestions.

thanks ladies

ElsaSalsaaa

Asked by ElsaSalsaaa at 9:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in General Parenting

• Eat, try not to rush. We all share our fav and least fav parts of the day.
    Wash up (baths or showers in the spring & summer for both kiddoes)
    Put on pjs, brush teeth
    Meet on the love seat with 3 books, one chosen by me, and ea. kid
    After stories, if my husband is home, he will read a little to them, if he is working (out of town), it's bedtime. We have a CD player in the hall both kids can hear. We take turns choosing whose turn it is to pick a CD.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 10:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• play, read, watch a cartoon( well my kids are older) take a bath, play in tub, brush teeth, pj's my school age go to bed at 8pm firm sun-thursday year round 9 on fri/sat.. my 22 month old isn't quite on the routine yet
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:30 AM on Apr. 11, 2011