Ultrasounds

ive only had one ultrasound done so far, im 15 weeks. i was wondering, on average, how many times will we be able to see the little one before their here. . .

Zombi3Princ3ss

Asked by Zombi3Princ3ss at 9:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No history of genetic issues, no issues seen on the 1st ultrasound - I only had 2 per pregnancy.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• with my first i had one ultrasound - at 20 weeks..
    wth my second i had a lot within the first few weeks - LONG STORY - but after the issue was gone, i had two more, she wouldnt move to do the measurements..
    with my third - just one! ... 20 weeks or 18 close to that.
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 9:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I had one to see how far along I was, one at 12 weeks and one 18 weeks. I know if you pay out of pocket you can get a 4d one later on.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Many insurance co will only pay for one....two if you're lucky. There's no reason up have a bunch of th of you're having a normal pregnancy. Just wanting one is not a good enough reason for the insurance co.
    Anonymous

• ive only had the one done to see how far along i was, that was at 9 weeks, but i was planning amove and never saw an obgyn, im settled into our new home and i have my first exam with the dr on tuesday and im extremely nervous. this is my first baby. i really want to see the little one again, should i ask the dr outright when i go? their doing a full exam, does that include an ultrasound?
    Zombi3Princ3ss

Comment by Zombi3Princ3ss (original poster) at 10:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I had quite a few.

3 between weeks 4-6. They thought I had a heterotopic pregnancy.

1 at 11 weeks because I was bleeding.

1 at 19 weeks to check for gender.

1 at 21 weeks because DD wouldn't let the tech get measurements at 19 weeks lol.

1 at 33 weeks, I think for measurement.

1 at 40 weeks and 4 days to check fluid.

I believe if you are having a good pregnancy they just do the routine ones. My OB usually does a dating ultrasound in the beginning, a gender at 19 weeks, and a 3rd trimester one, considering your pregnancy is okay. I'd ask the OB at your next visit how they do theirs.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• With first son 1 to see how far along, and 1 near the end
    with second son 1 at 20wks for measurements and gender, and 1 at the end
    This one 1 at 9wks because I was bleeding, and I'm now 16wks, and they have me doing 1 this tuesday
    maybe 2 for a normal pregnancy, and more if there are problems
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 10:58 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• We told the ob about a heart defect that his sister has and she sent me to a neonatologist who gave me an US every three weeks. We knew that the defect wasn't genetic, just a random fluke, but mentioning it got us more looks at the baby. Really expensive tho. They do have places in malls that do US whenever you want them, those are prolly expensive too.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:50 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I am sure it really varies.
    I don't want any at all so I don't have them in my pregnancies. Some moms have them with each prenatal appt.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 2:03 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i have had two ultrasounds so far and i am 23 weeks and i am scheduled to have my third ultrasound on wednesday cuz they couldnt get a good look at the baby he was in a funny position lol
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 11, 2011