Yup another Mirena question.....

I've had the mirena for almost 4 months. Every month like clock work I get pregnancy symptoms. This month is a little bit different. I check my strings frequently and hubby says he can feel them. I know for a fact right before last months period I felt them. This month I haven't been able to find them once and hubby can't feel them either. I'm due for my period either this coming Tuesday (the 12th) or Sunday (the 17th). My periods have been a bit wacky too. Also my cervix is REALLY high. Just wanted some thoughts or if this has happened to anyone else. Thanks!!

Cherita117

Asked by Cherita117 at 10:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Health

• I had the mirena for 9 months during that time I had irregular and horrible periods and at the 9 month mark I did indeed find out I was pregnant. When in doubt buy a test,. theres was nothing wrong with mine at all and I still got pregnant if its meant to be it will IUd or not LOL
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• After about 4 months I quit having periods at all. They say that when you can't feel the strings to see your dr.
    bdflykisses

Answer by bdflykisses at 10:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Thanks ladies. I've taken a couple tests but i think it still might be too early especially if this time its a 32 day cycle. but the last 2 tests looked like a light positive when the test was still wet. when it dried you could barely see anything. Im going to call the dr in the am. My primary doesn't want any part with Mirenas so I'm sure she'll just put a referral in. Can they give false negatives?
    Cherita117

Comment by Cherita117 (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I have never been able to feel the strings -they got sucked up with it and it is in place I'm just nervous about getting it out now! LOL My periods are sooo irregular, I will go months without them and then have one every month for awhile. It's annoying to say the least. I've had it since September 2008
    PrincessPeach06

Answer by PrincessPeach06 at 11:39 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Talk to your dr.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:20 AM on Apr. 12, 2011

• Thanks again ladies. I'm going to the drs tomorrow. The office said the dr was willing to check it out for me so i didn't have to wait for a referral to a gyn.
    Cherita117

Comment by Cherita117 (original poster) at 3:29 PM on Apr. 12, 2011