Do you feel safe in your neighborhood?

I do not, and I cannot wait to move. We have a 2-3 year plan to get out! I'm tired of having to hit the floor because I hear gunshots!! So many cowards with guns running around out there.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I am so sorry you live in an unsafe neighborhood. I do not have this problem in my neighborhood. I love it here, but I live in the country, my neighbors are cows.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes, I live in a Middle/Upper Middle/Upper Class area. My little town is where Nicholas Sparks just built his giant house.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:17 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• We live in the country 10 mins from everything! No craziness like that. I fall asleep on the trampoline looking at the stars w my puppy under me.
    shynu

Answer by shynu at 10:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• sorry to hear that I hope you be able to move away soon!
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• My last apartment, I did not feel safe what so ever. It looked like a nice neighborhood but once night hit, it was a madhouse! I found out that my apartment was used as a drug house & there was a murder in it. I mean, right before I moved in. I was asleep with my DD one night and hear a big bang. My back door was kicked in & they were in my house trying to find the drugs that were stashed in a safe left in my basement. Thankfully, they did not go upstairs & kill us! I also found out that my crazy, LITERALLY psycho neighbor pulled the panalling that seperated our basements off and was coming into my house at night. As soon as these things happened, I moved. This was a few weeks ago. I was terrified! I also heard quite a few gun shots. I learned my lesson quick! I was there for not even a month lol.
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 10:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• That's very scary, I couldn't live like that either! I do feel safe in our home.
    HMHUTSON

Answer by HMHUTSON at 10:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• oh no!!! we have only been here since august. and we are living in a duplex right now (until this summer) and there is a lady that lived next to us and loves black guys and lots of them.. well a month after moving in it was like 5 in the morning and we hear a knocking at our window.. my husband looked and it was a black guy wtf!!! i was so scared to go back to sleep and for a few weeks after that!! .. the lady also has a kid over there she watches sometimes (4th grader) i cant stand the kid -very rude and he has spit on my kids - my youngest is 5. him and his friends were in our yard playing and busted my kids bedroom window!! I HATE IT HERE!!!
    3HappylKidds

Answer by 3HappylKidds at 10:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I hate that we live here, but I'm glad to have a home. We had to do what we had to do. I just can't wait to get things in order so we can get out! this is ridiculous! I look like a moron dropping to the floor in my own home! I'm just so scared one will come through the window and hit me =( My kids sleep upstairs and in a safer location and it mostly happens at night....more often when it's warm like it was today.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:23 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I used to feel safe. But now I have this creepy neighbor. I see him watching me 2/3 morning i leave early for school and yesterday, he was watching myself and my daughter while we were playing in the back yard.

Not only that, but he keeps trying to talk to my daughter when he thinks im not looking, and he calls her 'honey'. Ugh, he gives me the creeps!!
    lovemylittle1

Answer by lovemylittle1 at 10:26 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Oh wow, I'm sorry. I have been fortunate enough to have always lived in a very safe neighborhood. I hope you get out safe soon.
    kc932

Answer by kc932 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2011