does anyone?

Does anyone STRICTLY breastfeed? not even pump and feed with a bottle?

im just curious.

KelsoBabeyy

Asked by KelsoBabeyy at 4:04 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I will pump and bottle feed, probably breastfeed the most because I'll be off of work for sometime and won't really need to stock up. And if I need a stiff drink to get me through the week - I'll def pump n save - it's what my friends reccommended :)
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 4:14 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• when you do that do you just switch every other time?im confused on how you do both.
    mckowntasha

Answer by mckowntasha at 4:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i mean ONLLLYYY breastfeed because they dont want to use a bottle at all??

im not saying im going to do this, or anything im sure it is easier sometimes to pump and give them that in a bottle but im curious if anyone STRICTLY gives the boob only.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• eh sorry i dk why i did it anon

KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:19 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I only breastfed but that's because my daughter refused a bottle. no way no how. not from anyone. no matter how hungry. i did pump still and later mixed her rice cereal with it and stuff but nope, no bottle.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:32 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Well you will need to bottle feed if you are going to be at work or away, i just don't wanna flop my tit out in the store or at a get together. It will be my breast milk with AVENT bottles. In case I get sick or something I will want to make sure I have milk stocked and a baby that isn't spoiled on the tit.
    itsaboy1208

Answer by itsaboy1208 at 4:33 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Why would you need to bottle feed if you are away?
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 4:50 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I do pump, but my son has only had a couple of bottles out of desperation (ie dental appointment that ran WAAAYYY late). I pump and freeze occasionally. But when I'm in public or wherever, I do nurse my son. I wear a tank top under my shirt that I can pull down, so my tummy doesn't show, and I have my breast out in between the shirts.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 5:43 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i ONLY breastfed my DD for the first 7 1/2 months. and when i fed her the first couple of months, i would feed her on both sides for about 15 mins. each. and as she got older, id feed her on one side, and she'd have the other side about a half hour later. but thats just her, i think it can be a little bit different for every kid. but in the begining, it would go for about 30 mins. each side sometimes. yikes... lol. i remember when i would breastfeed for hours...
    and when i didnt keep track of how long she fed on one side, i would stop when i breast would feel like its empty, like drained out. lol then i would go to the other side and feed her.
    after 7 1/2 months, i got her to go on the bottle. before that, she would NOT once take a bottle. never did...
    i hope i was helpful. good luck.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 7:41 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I did for the first month, and then had to pump because I went back to work/school with both kids. I don't know how you'd be able to not pump if you have obligations like that, unless you had your husband or whatever bring the baby on your break LOL!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 5:12 PM on Dec. 1, 2008