Hey is it true that Obama is changing the insurance plan so that even if you are married you can stay on your parents insurance until you are 26??

This would totally help my fiancee and I!! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• No and Yes... I believe if you are not married and up to 26 yo. you can still be covered by your parents.... we talked about that in school and I THINK that's right?
    luckygurl1313

Answer by luckygurl1313 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yessss because that works for me!! haha
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes it's true! I got booted from my dads insurance when I got married 4 years ago...and my dad was able to ad me bck on at the open enrollment back in oct...and thank god for that bc we only had insurance that covered in that specific state only (not Medicaid, it was an cruel insurance that we paid for) and supplemental, and wound up finding out we were pregnant the day dh took a promotion (planned preg.) that moved us out of state. So I have 4 more years on my dads insurance unless something changes...unfortunately, it's only for the policy holder's kids (ie: me, my sister and my sister)
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes thank goodness! My husband is no longer working so we o longer have health insurance and my father added me to his plan
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 12:22 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• This is old news.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Yes, most insurance companies have already done that.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:01 AM on Apr. 11, 2011