Do certain noises bother you more than others?

I aboslutely can't stand to hear people eat crunchy food, type or text or anything else that is a repetitive sound. Some sounds seem so much louder than others. Is anyone else annoyed by this stuff or am I the only one?

TwinkleLites

Asked by TwinkleLites at 10:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Health

• I don't like to hear people eat slurpy food or crunchy food. Cereal drives me bonkers. It is both slurpy AND crunchy! YUK! I also am not a fan of people popping their gum.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 11:27 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• OMG hahah .....i hate hearing ppl eat food that is mushy. So gross!! That's like my biggest pet peeve. haha I have more i just cant think of any right at the moment
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 10:52 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• defnately fingers on the chalkboard, loud gum chewing, squeeky breaks
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Good to know I'm not the only one. Husband was sitting behind me just before crunchy crackers and I was about to become postal. I just prefer quiet environments.
    TwinkleLites

Comment by TwinkleLites (original poster) at 10:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Crinkling of paper towels, silverware clanging on plates or bowls etc. gum chewing, people who slurp when they drink something... a thousand more things. I always thought I was crazy!!
    Tarrar

Answer by Tarrar at 11:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yes...I can't stand the way dh chews (it sounds SO loud)..and the way he eats his cereal..he'll chew it and likethe last 4 bites he'll smack or chew with his mouth open, and when he takes a bite, he slurps the milk and cereal into his mouth..I can stand most sounds other than that..

Oh, the tapping of pencils, or fingers on a desk, and beating on the steering wheel keeping a beat to a song...I went to school with guys who were into making beats on their desks during class and it still to this day bugs the crap out of me lol
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 11:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I once got up in the middle of a test and refuse to take it until the girl next to me spit out the gum and stopped snapping it as well as tapping her pencil on the desk. I was allowed to take the test in a quiet room. Working in offices was fun except for the repetitive noises. I know work outside and wear headphones while pruning shrubs.
    TwinkleLites

Comment by TwinkleLites (original poster) at 11:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• A lot of noises bother me. I was told a long time ago that when noises bother you, it is a sign of your own stress, and for me I think it is true. When I am stressed out, I find chewing, clicking, breathing, etc so obnoxious I can't stand it, but when I'm not stressed, I don't even really notice it.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:30 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Chewing gum
    Popping gum
    Slurping when drinking
    Baby crying
    Child whinning or crying
    A car with a loud system in it.

Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 5:56 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• smacking tongues or lips. I hate it...
    Aqua_Jen

Answer by Aqua_Jen at 8:58 PM on Apr. 11, 2011