5 year old and Allergies

Anyone have any suggestions for over the counter help for a 5 year old who has had a horrible allergy attack. She can't breathe, she is coughing a lot, is not sleeping, and her eyes are all sticky when she wakes up. I was think a Humidifier might help in her room at night, but I am unsure of meds. She was taking sudifed and it kinda works, but not a whole lot. Anything you all can rec. or should I just take her to see a doctor?

annabelle092810

Asked by annabelle092810 at 10:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Sounds a tad more severe than just bad allergies but who am I to guess. You can try kid claritin or benadry allergy for kids. She may need an inhaler just for rescue breathing if it really is allergies and they are tough to diagnose. Often linked to some form of asthma. I'd have the doc take a look.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:12 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Benadryl. Warm water compress on her eyes when they are puffy and mucinex
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 11:36 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Sounds like more than normal allergies to me.I would see the dr. My kids have to take cingulair for allergies and ended up having asmth.a
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 10:07 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• i always use claritin 24 for kids
    cmerc19

Answer by cmerc19 at 5:14 PM on Apr. 11, 2011