What's the difference between a Christian and a Born again Christian?

Religion wise. I don't think there is a difference but someone told me there was and when I asked they never answered me.

vjoaquin

Asked by vjoaquin at 10:54 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• As I understand it a Christian is one who has been raisedthat way and never left. A born-Agian was raisedChristian, left the belief for some reason or another, and has since had their faith rekindled and returned to Christianity.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:55 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• as far as I know, the difference is that a Christian gets baptized, etc. A born again Christian basically spirals out of control sinning a lot and then rededicates their life to being a Christian.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 10:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• after you accepted Jesus as your savior and get baptized,
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 10:56 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Yea but they go from the same bible and church and all that, right?
    vjoaquin

Comment by vjoaquin (original poster) at 10:57 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I totally agree with kristi11384 ,A christian is who has grown up in the church and never stopped going and serving GOD and a born again christian is someone that grew up in the church and never went back and started doing drugs and forgot about GOD then went back into the church and wanted to give there life back to GOD .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 11:00 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I think it usually refers to baptism as being when you are born again- or for someone new to Christianity, it could be when they do the prayer
    yes, same church /same bible
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:01 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• "Jesus replied, 'Very truly I tell you, no one can see the kingdom of God without being born again.'"[Jn 3:3 TNIV][1
    ] It is a term associated with salvation in Christianity
    leejoy

Answer by leejoy at 11:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Usually born again means someone returned to Christianity, had a 'change of heart' or 'spiritual transformation'. It's typically been associated with evangelical 'born again' movement--at least since the 1960s or so. There are several references to being born again spiritually in the Bible too.

Christians don't always agree on what a 'Christian' is. Some say a 'true Christian' is only a member of their family or their specific denomination. Others say you have to believe something in particular to be a Christian, but accept many denominations as Christian. Personally, I think anyone who honestly believes they are a Christian (calls themselves a Christian) and somehow has Jesus and his teachings as the foundation of their beliefs and practices should be considered a Christian. This is the most inclusive definition of 'Christian' IMO.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• There isn't. Just some have walked away from that path at one time
    jujubean1979200

Answer by jujubean1979200 at 11:15 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Really nothing. We all came into this world a sinner. Even if raised as a Christian it doesn't necessarily make you one. Some people find later in life that they want to have God, Jesus & the Holy Spirit in their lives and some people term that Born Again. Whether you do it at 5 or 50 we are all new creatures in Christ!
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 11:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2011