How much money would you spend on a puppy?

What is the max amount you would be willing to spend to get a puppy? Some AKC registered breeds, like English bulldogs, are over $2,300. Is it worth it for a well-bred dog?

jenmerk

Asked by jenmerk at 11:02 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pets

• The adoption fees lol
    CABlonde

Answer by CABlonde at 11:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I had a maltepoo and paid about $800
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• no, don't spend that much on a dog.. it's just stupid. it was be easier to adopt one. I wouldn't go over $500. And that's only if I couldn't find a dog for free or that I could adopt that I really wanted.
    febmom007

Answer by febmom007 at 11:04 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I wounldnt spent that much on a puppy! Go to your local shelter and adopt a Doggy there.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 11:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Our local shelter has $5 adoption days, that includes shots and everything - I wouldn't pay any more than that.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:05 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• i spent 150 on mine, i bought her from someone and i wouled never spend 1000 + on a dog
    Zombi3Princ3ss

Answer by Zombi3Princ3ss at 11:06 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Only as much as the shelter or rescue organization charges. I will never buy a puppy from a breeder after having worked at an animal shelter.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:07 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I paid $650 for my Yorkie which is actually really cheap for a prue bred Yorkie, but she also came in on a plane, and had all her shots, and was already registered so that was pretty good to me at least
    mommatabby

Answer by mommatabby at 11:11 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• There are So Many Wonderful Puppies at the Shelter sitting there waiting in a cage to be your Very Best Friend:)
    daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:37 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I would only pay adoption fees from my local shelters, and only if it weren't an arm and a leg. The majority of mutts have a LOT of the good qualities, and FEW of the bad qualities that purebreds have. AND, shelter dogs are more loving because they've been through hell and are getting a second chance.

The ONLY purebred I'd consider getting would be a Pit Bull from Villalobos Rescue Center, but I think I'm a little too far away from them to make it feasible.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:46 PM on Apr. 10, 2011