Is it wrong to join CM just to promote some business?

I ask this becuz I noticed a person on here that had the same post in like a lot of groups. I found out that this person has joined about 95 groups in the last 5 days, and has made the same post in all of them. Would this be a "Salesman Troll?

I understand moms on here that use CM for their At-home business and thats great, but they also use CM for mom stuff. This other person does not...should they be kicked out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:54 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I really think they should. This IS a wonderful place to promote businesses but that's not the point of this website. This is for moms and moms-to-be to relax, chat, and talk about anything and everything. Share stories, pictures, and have fun!!! Would you join Girl Scouts to promote Candle Lites just because you have a lot of contact with people? NO! Your butt would be out the door if you did that.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• YES!! They should not be here if they are not a mother, have no intention of being a mother and are only here to push their products.
    ithi

Answer by ithi at 1:49 PM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I hate to disagree but I say to each her own. This site is different things for different people. Some people come to chill and relax, others come to debate and raise heck. Others come here because they feel they have a product that moms might want. If I were involved girl scouts, I would certainly use those contacts to promote a party light business.

That said, cafemom has pretty strict rules about spam, including a filter group owners can use. Also if a person is not mom then they should be reported, as again CM has strict rules about this being a moms only site.
    ImNewHere

Answer by ImNewHere at 12:36 AM on Dec. 2, 2008