D&C tomorrow

hey ladies its me again. Im going to the doctor tomorrow. I miscarried on the 7 of this month and im finally being seen. I told the doctor I want the dnc done just to stop all the clotting and HEAVY HEAVY bleeding I have been going through the past few days, and some god awful oder has appeared (tmi im sorry) Im really scared about the D&C. I want to know..

Do you feel it?
Does it hurt?
Will it make me better?
is there annything to be scared about?

My mother and sister have both had one done but are both being real cold to me since they found out i was pregnant. Im the little sister and I have a baby and my older sister dosent have kids and im in trouble for having a miscarriage and for getting pregnant again so they wont explain to me what will happen.. im scared and idk what to expect. please ladies.

Meghan6391

Asked by Meghan6391 at 11:09 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure about the D&C but your mom and sister should be supportive for you. This is a hard time for you no matter what your age is. YOu should tell them that you need them right now.
    Keeely07

Answer by Keeely07 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• there is nothing to be scared about. i had one 5 years ago when i was 17. they knock you out. i didn't feel any pain afterward. i didn't need the pain killers they prescribed to me. i was 4 months when i miscarried btw. i did bleed for a month after but it was like a period. i felt completely fine after.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• Thank you Im terrified. I pray it goes well.
    Meghan6391

Comment by Meghan6391 (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I had mine in Feb. Sorry for the loss hun.
    No it doesn't hurt after you may cramp. It really depends on your pain tolerance.
    But after a while it should all go away. The dr should be able to answer your questions.
    But don't worry there is nothing to be worried about you will be fine.

If you have any more questions or just wanna talk feel free to pm me.
    vjoaquin

Answer by vjoaquin at 11:16 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• it will go well. it's not an easy surgery emotionally but it's not a difficult physical surgery. other than having period like bleeding for weeks after you should feel completely fine.
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:20 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I'm so sorry for your loss. ((hugs)) The emotional part of the miscarriage is way worse than the Dand C. Unfortunately, I have had 3 of them for missed miscarriages. They put you out via IV usually and when you wake up its over. You'll feel a bit groggy from the anesthesia and may have some cramping, but the pain isn't too bad and they will often give you something to take for it. You'll probably bleed/spot for a week to 10 days after (I did), but it shouldn't be heavy or really clotty. Nothing in the vagina for 2 weeks afterward was what I was always told and no soaking in a bath/hot tub/swimming during that time. Best of luck, I'm sorry you're going thru this.
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 11:21 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I had a D & C 22 years ago and I will spare you the details but will tell you that for me it was a horrible experience. For me it was different though. I had it done after having my daughter at 5 mos. gestation at a military hospital and they just messed the whole thing up. You should be fine. I am sorry for your loss and I am sorry for your mom and sister being mean to you when you need them. ((((HUGS))))
    Anonymous

• I had one after my 12w miscarriage. I was put right out, general anaesthetic, and when I came out of it, I had really no pain, some cramping, but I didn't need anything beyond Tylenol for that. The bleeding was minimal, light period-like, and didn't last long. The emotional part was the worst for sure, and I was weak from loss of blood from the hemmorhaging before the d&c. There are probably support groups for you, The Compassionate Friends is one organisation that is for parents who've suffered the loss of a child, including miscarriage and stillbirth. There are also groups on here I believe. Sorry for your loss :-(
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 1:30 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• aww im very sorry for you loss and that ur sister and mom are treating you like that! i have never been through that so i am not sure what u should expect sorry but good luck!
    mommie_of02

Answer by mommie_of02 at 3:49 PM on Apr. 11, 2011