Know of a great baby thermometer?

I have a 2 1/2 year old and a 1 1/2 year old and a baby on the way. I have had about 5 different theremometers. I'm not satisfied with any. I have the under the arm kind, the forehead kind, the temple kind. My favorite was the temple one.... but still i want something better! I want the one from the doctor's office that they just wave by the head. haha. i want something that will be accurate and last. i know a rectal thermometer may work best for my coming newborn.... but honestly, i'd rather not do that... and i would like to have one that would work great with all 3 kids. any suggestions. price isnt really too much of an issue... as long as it is accuarate, fast, and will stand the test of time. i am tired of wasting money on cheap to moderately priced thermometers!

DRM0329

Asked by DRM0329 at 11:13 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Kids' Health

• The one you use in the ear is a lifesaver and NO drama.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 11:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I have a Braun brand for inside the ear and really like it.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:19 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• my daughter is 2.5 and we've always used the vicks rectal. it's the most accurate, it has the really unique handle that ensures proper insertion, and only now are we in the market for an in-ear thermometer. honestly i don't think you should fear rectal temp. but, i do understand that you'll have difficulty at this point starting it with your older children. i'd like to follow this post to see other recommendations for in-ear but i will always recommend the vicks rectal for new moms.
    mellypoo

Answer by mellypoo at 11:25 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• ear one, i have the braun same one 9 years now works very accurate, even with the newborn, and dad has used it himself on himself.. love it
    proudmomof4boys

Answer by proudmomof4boys at 11:29 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• just go to the $99.00 cent stores and buy one is for the forehead and is better I have one and its great so get one fast well this is all by
    marivel718

Answer by marivel718 at 10:27 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• farmacy one digital is ok
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 4:57 PM on Apr. 11, 2011