• In the Spotlight:

Is he overreacting?

So I don't want to wear my wedding ring because it leaves an imprint. I take it off and it upsets my husband. Do you think he is overreacting?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Relationships

• I don't think so. It would upset me too if my husband didn't wear his. HE also got upset when I was pregnant and got too swollen to wear mine. It was just that he was so proud to show that I was married to him and he didn't know how to explain it to me. What men don't realize is that even if we wear our ring we still get hit on. If it leaves and imprint that tells me it might not be the right size. Maybe you guys could start saving a little money and get it resized so it won't leave imprints on your finger.
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 5:16 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• i havent orn mine in like 8 months! my fingers were too fat when i was preg and it is still way too tight. :( but i would wear it if i could. so yes i think he is overreacting.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 5:28 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I couldn't wear mine when I was pregnant either...but my DH understood. I got a chain though and wore it around my neck because I still wanted to wear it, maybe you could try that to satisfy your DH. I do think that he's over reacting, but itsn't it great that he loves you so very much.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 5:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I really do not think rings matter. But when you wear one you get a respect status and not sleazy looks. But you will get hit on even more sometimes.It is odd what attracts men. Married women which are safe and not needy looking for that emotional bond. But get the ring sized bigger. My hubby did. He wears his band all the time now.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 6:12 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• like some others I coudn't wear mine while I was pregnant but my hubby understood. He would probly wouldn't care if I stopped wearing them all together because thats just the way he is, but it would hurt me if he did react that way. If its so important to him, ask him to get it resized so it that it fits you better
    geminishadow79

Answer by geminishadow79 at 7:48 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• neither my husband or I wear a band on a regular basis. Sounds like he has some jealousy and security issues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:16 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• go get it sized and that will take care of that

Answer by admckenzie at 8:39 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I would be really upset if my husband didn't wear his ring. In fact, he lost his ring the week after the wedding and I was furious! We found it a couple days later (in the trunk, it fell off while he was getting luggage) but it still really upset me. For some, the rings don't matter, for some it does. Have you asked your husband why it matters to him so much? Have you gone to get your ring resized? It seems like you are both overreacting to something with such a simple solution.
    kameka

Answer by kameka at 9:22 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• I get hit on a lot less when I DON'T wear a ring than when I do.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:59 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Get it sized so that it fits correctly! It costs less than $20.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 10:13 AM on Dec. 1, 2008