You know when ppl say things to your babies

you know when ppl say things to your babies like your so crazy or your such a toot or little things like that. does it hurt them like do you think they are listening to it that young? It always bothers me b/c ... realy.. did they really just say that? I mean what do you say to that kinda stuff.. Then stuff like nasty stuff to, like ohh eat poo poo or poop in your hand or stuff like that to a 2 yr old.. sometimes i feel like some ppl try to hurt your kids and make it harder.. ugh! maybe its just me..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:41 PM on Apr. 10, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I really don't think that is their intention at all mama....people like saying silly things to babies...I'm sure it's all in innocent fun...don't make things harder for yourself by making something out of nothing =)
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 11:49 PM on Apr. 10, 2011

• I don't think so. I had only been dating my now husband a month or two when I got pregnant with our son, out of wedlock. After he was born my MIL would call him Boo-Boo all the time. *I* thought it was because he was an accidental pregnancy. I finally talked to her one day about it and I couldn't have been more wrong. SHE meant it more like Boo-Boo from that old cartoon Yogi Bear, just a cute pet name. After we talked and I got her side I had no problem with the nickname, sadly she's never used it again.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:03 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I call my 2 year old "naughty" or "contrary:"...as in "hi naughty" or "whatcha doing, Miss Contrary." She smiles and comes running when I say it, and honestly, I doubt she will remember it at all.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:16 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I don't think that babies understand the words but respond to the tone of the voice. I would worry more bout my child repeating the words later than being hurt by them.
    Kitkat61277

Answer by Kitkat61277 at 12:21 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• I don't know but my MIL says "SHAME ON YOU" in a cutsey voice when the baby poops or pees or burps and it pisses me off. Or "Whats the matter?" When she is just fine smiling and laughing. So irritating
    myownhappiness

Answer by myownhappiness at 12:36 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Babies don't know the meaning of those words and will not remember being called those things. My husband calls our DD Moose and buddha. And I have a friend who calls her squirrel and nugget. I don't have an issue with it. JMO : )
    Anon344

Answer by Anon344 at 1:30 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• Eat poo poo? Lol no it doesnt bother me. Except when tjey sayy something like oh u just want mommy cas ur a mommies girl. (when shes crying. Of course she wants mommy shes sad)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 1:35 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• its just innocent fun..nothing else..ignore it :)
    isa_edwards

Answer by isa_edwards at 4:25 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• lol I wouldn't be concerned about it like another poster said it's the tone of the persons voice that the kid is hearing. Now if the person was saying it with an angry or mean tone then I'd be upset.
    We called my dd booger butt when she was a baby. I'm really not sure why but she didn't mind it then. When she started dancing all the time we called her boogie butt (she always stuck her bum out! lol) and it later changed to boogie bear and gooey bear. She's never minded and she's 5 now and we still call her gooey. She loves her nick name but does not like to hear that it started out as booger butt so we don't talk about that anymore.
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 8:55 AM on Apr. 11, 2011

• If anyone said something like that to my 8 month old I don't care how old she is id tell them to go to he'll. Im very pertective of her. I could never stand by and let that happened. Iv brkn though so much in my life.I want hers to be perfect. Stand up to peaple. U can do it.
    lwalter87

Answer by lwalter87 at 1:09 PM on Apr. 11, 2011