• In the Spotlight:

what can i do:(

well my son is10months in 2days and hes got his bottem teeth coming through well hes been really clingy and grumpy for the past 2 weeks and every time i put him down he just crys and crys untill me or someone else picks him up. is there anything i can do to stop him from doing this? or should i just keep picking him up untill hes over it?

jacksonsmumm908

Asked by jacksonsmumm908 at 6:17 AM on Dec. 1, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's hurting, so I'd comfort him as much as possible. Try some teething tablets or motrin.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 7:28 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• ok thnx iv tryed bonjela and panido it just dsnt stop the pain
    jacksonsmumm908

Answer by jacksonsmumm908 at 7:30 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• hold him and hug him. give him something cold to chew on a cold was clothe give him a popcycle but he wants you to take the pain away we know there isn't much we can do but he doesn't so lots of love and patience
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 7:48 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Teething tablets are great. I like Hylands and Humphries is another brand.

Definately hold him and comfort him as much as he wants. Poor baby doesn't understand why he's hurting. :(

Personally I'd avoid orajel because while it does instantly relieve the pain, it toughens the gums and actually makes it take much longer for the tooth to cut the surface of the gum.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 8:46 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• Baby oragel.
    jessicer421

Answer by jessicer421 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 1, 2008

• infant tylenol, just a little.. not too often.
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 11:45 AM on Dec. 1, 2008